Chia Seed

Options
I've heard great things about chia seeds so I bought a bag but now I don't know what to do with them! ny ideas y'all?

Replies

• MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yeaaaaahhhh giiiiiirl! I love Chia seed! It's a total protein food.

I sprinkle it on my bicher muesli in the morning as well as put it in my home made flapjacks or protein bars. I use it in any place I would use seeds/dried fruits.

I use it in yogurt, smoothies, soups, stews.... it's tasteless so you can use it anywhere!

Also you can make chai gel which works as a great egg replacement in baked goods.

Ch-ch-ch-chia!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You can use it on, or in, most anything.
    I mix it in my yogurt, on top of poached egg, steel cut oats, sprinkle it on my salads.
    I eat it everyday. It reminds me of poppy seeds kind of.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I made a chocolate chia pudding today and it was delicious! It was 2 tablespoons of chia, 1/2 cup low fat milk, 1 tablespoon of cocoa and enough sweetener to taste. I used stevia drops. Let it sit for a few hours in the fridge then enjoy! Not a lot of calories and it tasted like a treat.
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I Love chia seeds. I use them on everything. I soak about 1T seeds in approx 1/4 c water till it gets thick (about 5 min) and at it to my daily smoothies. I use it in my yougurt, on my salads, in steel cut oats, omelets, baked goods and just about anywhere I can think of. Just remember to drink lots of water with them because they soak up 9 times there size in water and could cause constipation. Hope this helps!!! Enjoy!!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I Love chia seeds. I use them on everything. I soak about 1T seeds in approx 1/4 c water till it gets thick (about 5 min) and add it to my daily smoothies. I use it in my yogurt, on my salads, in steel cut oats, omelets, baked goods and just about anywhere I can think of. Just remember to drink lots of water with them because they soak up 9 times there size in water and could cause constipation. Hope this helps!!! Enjoy!!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'd like to know too....bump!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    You can use them to make a pet or a friend

chia-mrt.jpg

3821837_f260.jpg
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I use them in salads and yogurt too. I've tried the chia seed pudding and I wasn't a fine but I know a lot of people do like it.
  • OhShitGetFit613
    OhShitGetFit613 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon in my post-workout shake every day. Helps thicken it up nicely.
  • lirr10185
    lirr10185 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds are my best friend. I put them in my water before my main meals to help me feel satisfied with my portion sizes. If you can get past the texture, it a great trick.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't care for them in anything that I will be drinking. But, I do really enjoy them sprinkled on PB toast.