I definitely need the support

Options
Hey everyone!

Today I have decided to lose the weight - for the millionth time.
I'm just tired of looking at myself in the mirror and not liking what I see.
And no matter how much I try to angle the mirror so that I'll look skinnier -- I can't lie to myself anymore.
It's so frustrating that most of my clothes don't fit anymore and I hate it when I can't walk up
a flight of stairs without panting so hard!

But I can't do this alone - I've tried so many times.
I've read lots and lots of stories and blogs here on how we're all struggling
to be healthy and I was so relieve that I am not alone.

So I'm hoping that with the support of people who understands how difficult it is to
take that first step, I will succeed this time around. Fingers crossed.

Need all the support I can get! Lets do this! :)

Replies

• redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I joined this site in Janaury and it has worked for me.

SImply logging food and exercise, keeping to your targets and it will work.

Good luck.
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have a good plan and ask for help when you need it. Be selfish about your health. Be strong.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You've already started by coming to this website, especially as you can meet so many new people who are in the same situation as you! Add me and we can support each other. :)
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! I was the same way! I have tried to lose weight so many times! My suggestion, make sure you build relationships on this website. That will keep you wanting to log in and see how everyone else is doing and it will motivate you to keep going!

Also, when I get down about things, I check out the motivational thread and see all those people who have lot so much weight and it gets me through.

There are gonna be bad days....but the important part is to not quit.

Feel free to add me if you like. :bigsmile:
  • 89curves89
    89curves89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!! I joined this site originally a while ago but was still in denial about my weight issues!! I recently started using it again and I'm totally addicted!! When I'm feeling low and feel like just giving up on it all agan I log on read peoples stories and instantly feel motivated again!!

In my first week of using this app, logging all of my food, logging my exercise, sticking with my targets, I lost 4lb! Just make sure you log everything no matter how small and you'll be fine!!

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help! Everyone on MFP are behind you!!
  • deeestrada
    Options
    I am new too. But have found this site has helped already. I had no idea I was woofing down so many calories. Good Luck and take it one day at a time.
  • TisheeLamotta
    TisheeLamotta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support and tips!
    You all have made me so excited to lose weight and be healthy. :)
  • beeunkah
    Options
    I'm new to this as well and feel the exact same way as you do. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Def know where you're coming from. Love giving support and tips. =) Best of luck
  • mslynn1007
    Options
    The jouney to the "New You" will be a successful & exciting one! Add me, I just started last Monday, and I have a WAYSSSS to go : )
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    realize that as you change your eating habits and or start exercising your body will make adjustments. i have eaten the same exact foods week in and week out, sometimes i lose a lb or 2 sometimes i dont and sometimes i gain a lb.

it is your bodys natural reaction to change. but dont let it discourage you, once your body figures out what the new norm is then it will work itself out
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If you want to add me I'm always up for supporting people! :D i'm with you on the millionth attempt. lol
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Conratulations on making your decision to change. MFP is a great tool (so long as you don't let the *kitten* interfere).

The most important thing, I think, that you can do is decide that you are worth it (because YOU ARE) and stick to it. remember it is a long haul and that is ok. Remember that you will screw up, and it is not fatal. forgive yourself often and keep moving forward. It gets easier and better and success is just waiting for you!

Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Peazwithin
    Peazwithin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am really happy to support a healthier YOU! you can add me if you like. If I can add my two-cents worth, work towards a happy healthy you. Joining MFP is one of the best decision that you can do to achieve this! I get a ton of support here. "Skinny-er" you is subjective, as skinny is in the eye of the beholder! But Healthy you feel through and through! And the world will see it when you are both happy and healthy. Congrats on joining!!
  • StephG1130
    StephG1130 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I will be here for you to support you through the UPS and downs! I am 26 lbs in to a 190 lb weight loss, so ur stuck with me for a while.. if u want me! lol.. add me! <3
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling all too well. Feel free to add me if you want more support. I'm trying to build up my friend list with people who are serious about this because I'm serious about this! Took me a while to get back on track but now that I am, I'm going all out! You can do this!
  • queentitania
    Options
    Good for you. As others said, remember that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. I've lost 112 pounds so far since the birth of my son, and I have 38 left to go. It is a struggle, some days more than others. But when you CAN run, you CAN sprint up a hill, going shopping for clothes is actually fun, not a torturous struggle to keep from viewing yourself in the mirror...you will feel amazing. That is the feeling I wish for everyone who has weight to lose. That feeling of loving yourself and (for me at least) no longer being ashamed to be in public because of how awful you feel about yourself. You can do it. Track your food religiously, treat your workouts as something you can't live without (because you can't NOR do you want to). Treat yourself like you are worth it, because you totally are. You deserve to feel happy in your own skin. Welcome to the start of a new life! Stick with it, you won't regret how invigorated you feel!
  • mercymarque
    Options
    This is a great place to find supportive friends to guide u on ur journey. You will find plenty of information too. Eat clean (fruit, veggies, lean meats and whole grains), drink plenty of water, log everything that touches your mouth, weigh your food, look at other's diaries to get ideas, get ur rest and move. If you exercise you will be given more calories. Some will say eat back some will say don't. Eat if your hungry if not don't. Eat as close to ur calorie goal as possible without going over and staying too far below. Know that you will have a time when u don't eat right, it's okay. Don't make it a habit, tomorrow's a new day. Good luck on ur journey.
  • curvychaos
    Options
    You're not alone. This website has made a HUGE difference in my success in my journey! You've come to the right place. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Jessicarctica
    Jessicarctica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you can do it! :)