Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mickey73
Mickey73 Posts: 19
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Michelle and I am new to Myfitnesspal. I want to meet new friends from all over the world and hear how you all like this site. I would love to hear your sucess stories that will motivate me. Look forward to meeting new friends. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Welcome! I'm a country girl from Kansas lol. This is a great site with lots of nice people and great support! Good Luck!
  • Vonne
    Vonne Posts: 33
    Welcome! This site is great, I just joined a few weeks ago! Feel free to add me as a friend, we can support each other on our journey! :happy:
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Welcome aboard! In the past I was on other sites, but when I chanced upon this one, I totally bought into it's health priority philosophy and is ease of use. When I started here I was 173, and truly didn't believe that I would ever see 160 again, but following advice about both eating and exercise that was offered at this site, I have been able to not only bypass the 160, but I am now well on my way to the recommended 135 (that I used to think was a "fantasy"). I've found delicious new foods to replace old fat-ridden high sodium ones, and I notice positive changes not only in my weight, but also (more importantly) in my blood pressure (back to the low normal range without medication), in my skin and hair, in the way my clothes fit, and in my stamina.

The biggest thing I had to learn was "portion size"! I still enjoy a "little" treat and eating out on Sundays with my husband, but I must be making better choices, because life sure has changed (in a positive way) since joining MFP. (Fun to have my husband look at my a little differently, too. :wink: )

Wishing you success as you start your adventure here! Lots of great people here to support your efforts along the way. :smile:
    (ps I'm originally a country girl from Iowa. Hoping to move back to country living soon.)
This discussion has been closed.