Do you stop logging on a cheat day?

Options
Do you find it easier to deny what you are doing because of the negative effect it is going to have on the appearance of your week so you just leave it empty?

We should be able to think 'Its just a bad/cheat day and I can turn it around but it is so hard to do this when the only picture we see is the daily one!

That is why I am begging the MFP people to give us the option to see the bigger picture and allow us to see the weeks totals like we can for exercise, instead of just the days.

If you will find this useful then PLEASE go to

TOPIC: weekly goal for food diary as well as exercise diary - It is under the ideas forum

Please people WE NEED YOU xx

I should say this is not to give the option to BANK Calories. Just to allow us to see the bigger picture instead of A BIG RED NEGATIVE as an excuse to jump off the wagon or just to not log and deny the day happened, which I know many of us do!

Replies

• snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What a good idea!
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    i don't log. :devil:
  • froggy905
    froggy905 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You CAN see the week totals for minutes of exercise and calories burned from exercise
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    i log EVERYTHING even the bad stuff, it shows me just how much fat and cals the things i used to eat have. last weekend i knew i was going to have a bad day, i pretty much "planned" it...i just WANTED that food. so i ate whatever i ate before starting to watch what i eat, when i logged everything i was like WHOA!!!! i ate like that all the time before???? so its kinda an eye opener!
  • batesp
    batesp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Log it, all of it. If it's not the truth what's the point?
    That's how I see it anyway.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You CAN see the week totals for minutes of exercise and calories burned from exercise

Yes that is what I am saying. It would be good to see the calories for the week like we can the exercise
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    You should put in what you eat even on a "cheat" day because it keeps you accountable for what you eat...it's a cheat day, not a go hog wild day! Going hog wild messes up everything you did that week, why would you want to do that to yourself?

I went to the fair and said I was going to try stuff I never ate...and you know what that means...deep fried snickers, deep fried cookie dough, deep fried reeses, porkchop on a stick, chicken on a stick...I ate all that but I walked all day long! And I didn't eat all of it...I know a regular snickers is over 300 calories so I just took a couple bites;

and you can see you weekly totals in reports, but I know what you're saying - you want to be able to see something that says this weeks calories available = X and this many calories consumed = X; its a good idea but if you don't enter your calories for a day then that tool is useless!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Good or bad. Usually don't get around to it until the morning after, but I still log it. I truly believe that is what we all must do to stay on track. Also, I like to look back and see how I did for a period of time, not just individual days.
  • jaycee76
    Options

and you can see you weekly totals in reports, but I know what you're saying - you want to be able to see something that says this weeks calories available = X and this many calories consumed = X; its a good idea but if you don't enter your calories for a day then that tool is useless!

What I am getting at is people would feel better about logging their bad choices because over the week it would help them stay in line. Its not about NOT logging just to help you stop denying it because you are afraid of the effect it will have on the rest of the weeks. Surely you can be more honest if a tool allows you to look at it from all angles?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I log it ALL.
  • tmlane810
    tmlane810 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I log everything, good or bad. In doing so, I make myself accountable for the things I am eating. It also helps me understand what I need to cut out of my diet. I can see how poorly I am eating and can associated it with certain moods, events or activities that were going on during that time.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I log everything. It makes me accountable. If you are not completely/brutally honest on here the only one you end up cheating is yourself. I give myself one day a week to "cheat" Usually Saturdays after I weigh myself. I find that way I am less likely to cheat throughout the week. I am not depriving myself of anything, I am just delaying it until the weekend. So far it has worked for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
    jewel
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your persistance although the option to see weekly totals wouldn't make any difference to me, personally, at all. :indifferent:

What I don't appreciate, however, is your duplicate posts with different titles in different sections of the forum. :grumble:
    Now, tell me where I can go. :tongue:
  • jaycee76
    Options
    I appreciate your persistance although the option to see weekly totals wouldn't make any difference to me, personally, at all. :indifferent:

What I don't appreciate, however, is your duplicate posts with different titles in different sections of the forum. :grumble:

I am sure it is completely unnecessary for me to explain that to you!

Hey I tell you what... I will give up on it because there are some people who won't use it!

There are many options on this site for different tools for different people to use. Some watch sodium, some don't. Some carbs, some don't but that does not mean we should not have them.

I have posted 3 equally relevant titles in which to reach people, with different very valid problems . I would not say I have gone too far but hey....watch this space! :bigsmile:
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I still log my cheat meal.
    But I really like your idea of a weekly overview.
    This would also help us on those days when we cant seem to get all of our calories in.
    I like it.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    logging is part of my punishment :)
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand anyone NOT logging everything they eat, at the end of the day you are just lying to yourself, which is utterly pointless. I logged my 3009 calorie anniversary meal last Friday, it was delicious and fabulous and I got a bit drunk, but I sat and worked out what I thought everything I had eaten was, I think I might even have been harsh on myself, but I wasn't going to kid myself that by not logging it on here that it somehow wouldn't count. Who does that? What is the point of being on here if you do? It's like my friends who go to Weight Watchers who don't eat all day when they are getting weighed, then eat a huge meal after as they got so hungry, then wonder why they aren't losing any weight!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I am sure it is completely unnecessary for me to explain that to you!

Hey I tell you what... I will give up on it because there are some people who won't use it!

There are many options on this site for different tools for different people to use. Some watch sodium, some don't. Some carbs, some don't but that does not mean we should not have them.

I have posted 3 equally relevant titles in which to reach people, with different very valid problems . I would not say I have gone too far but hey....watch this space! :bigsmile:

Yeah, okay, you missed my point which was duplicate posts are annoying & very unnecessary.

Kind of like how the majority of the people responding missed your point, I guess. :laugh:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do!! It keeps me on track. It makes me feel bad to see the #'s in red, but it motivates me so see how far I have come!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I TRY to.. but I often don't have the time to sit down and boot up the computer and yada yada yada on the weekends........

Now if there was that (much requested) Blackberry app.... :wink: :laugh: :flowerforyou: