Sorry, another Nike+ and Fuelband post...

Options
I'm looking for friends for both the Nike+ running app and fuelband. I typically will run with my girlfriend, but it would be nice to have some other numbers to go up against as well.

Nothing like a little friendly motivation!

My name on there is Mattoundercover, same as here. Feel free to add me as a friend on here as well, considering in the end, Ill stop filling this out before I stop running most likely. (Which is a shame, because it does wonders for me.)

Thanks!!!

*End of first post

Replies

• Mattoundercover
    Options
    Bump, because I still have no friends :)

How sad
  • Kryn_K
    Kryn_K Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm looking for friends for both the Nike+ running app and fuelband. I typically will run with my girlfriend, but it would be nice to have some other numbers to go up against as well.

Nothing like a little friendly motivation!

My name on there is Mattoundercover, same as here. Feel free to add me as a friend on here as well, considering in the end, Ill stop filling this out before I stop running most likely. (Which is a shame, because it does wonders for me.)

Thanks!!!
    *End of first post

HIya there!!
    well :indifferent: i don't have the band yet, but while i was looking for a HRM i saw it,
    since you have one can you please tell me if is true that you need the nike shoes in order for it to work? thanks
  • Mattoundercover
    Options
    this is definitely no heart rate monitor... I can guarantee that.

I have a heart rate monitor and they are great for working out. In my opinion they are the most accurate way of finding out exactly how hard and how many calories you have burned during a particular workout. The Nike Fuelband, on the otherhand, is more about your activity during the day.

Its not the most accurate "pedometer" you can get on the market, thats for sure, but what it has is something called "Nike Fuel", and to me thats their admission that in the end of a day, even advanced pedometers dont do a super great job or telling exactly how hard you are working out. So it takes a baseline of all of the activity you do, and adds it up into an arbitrary number called nike fuel. The thing about this, is that since its always calculated the same way, you can compare it to your previous days and know when you need to maybe walk that extra mile after work, or if your extra busy day made up for things. for me it is purely a motivation bracelet with an awesome looking clock. You need to get a true HRM if you want a workout guide that will help you on myfitnesspal and tell you how many calories to burn.

feel free to add me, we can talk about it some more. I have a movie to watch!

-Matt

Ps- Oh! and as for your question, you absolutely dont need a sensor, or shoes or anything for it to work. its an all inclusive band that you war around your wrist that is about the size of those charity bracelets you see people wearing, except it has a really cool lcd screen that shows up out of nowhere when you press a button. Im a fan.
  • Kryn_K
    Kryn_K Posts: 44
    Options
    this is definitely no heart rate monitor... I can guarantee that.

I have a heart rate monitor and they are great for working out. In my opinion they are the most accurate way of finding out exactly how hard and how many calories you have burned during a particular workout. The Nike Fuelband, on the otherhand, is more about your activity during the day.

Its not the most accurate "pedometer" you can get on the market, thats for sure, but what it has is something called "Nike Fuel", and to me thats their admission that in the end of a day, even advanced pedometers dont do a super great job or telling exactly how hard you are working out. So it takes a baseline of all of the activity you do, and adds it up into an arbitrary number called nike fuel. The thing about this, is that since its always calculated the same way, you can compare it to your previous days and know when you need to maybe walk that extra mile after work, or if your extra busy day made up for things. for me it is purely a motivation bracelet with an awesome looking clock. You need to get a true HRM if you want a workout guide that will help you on myfitnesspal and tell you how many calories to burn.

feel free to add me, we can talk about it some more. I have a movie to watch!

-Matt

Ps- Oh! and as for your question, you absolutely dont need a sensor, or shoes or anything for it to work. its an all inclusive band that you war around your wrist that is about the size of those charity bracelets you see people wearing, except it has a really cool lcd screen that shows up out of nowhere when you press a button. Im a fan.

thanks for letting me know !! i want one so i can push myself a lil bit harder everyday .. is a Self challenge and those are the best =)
  • Mattoundercover
    Options
    No problem. Do your research too. I almost got a Fitbit One, which would be nice because it links directly up with MFP to record stuff. It also is less expensive, more accurate, and records more data.

I decided on the Fuelband because it also ties in with the running app, which I use. Its nice to have everything in one spot. Plus, I would be lying if I didn't say one of the biggest reasons I got it was because I hate watches because they are bulky, and this doubles as one and is super slim.
  • kaytbaggs
    kaytbaggs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    now you have me!!!!
  • Tmarceaub
    Tmarceaub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey, anyone is on the nike+ platform ? I just bought the nike fuelband, wich I love as a runner, and I developed a small website in order to people that have nike+ gears to find new friends based on their sport, city and level.
    Please, telle me what do you think about it or if you like it ;)

http://wannabe.thefitstudent.com/
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    Matt I sent you a Nike request :drinker:
  • lissavlog
    Options
    i'm on nike+. my username is melfish01.