Awful Kids Christmas Gifts

Options
BurtHuttz
BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
So I'm cheap and I was looking for cheap exercise equipment and I saw these and they're just . . . the worst, ever.

9489201.jpg

9489203_1.jpg

Teach your kids early that fitness is grueling, repetitive, and endless!!

It's all well and good that we instill healthy habits in our kids but there's just something wrong, to me, about getting them this stuff instead of taking them to the playground.

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    There's worse out there.

homemethlab_zpsb9d2ba60.jpg
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    There's worse out there.

hahaha
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    There's worse out there.

Now that's easy weight loss! :drinker:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yeah when I have kids their Christmas fitness gift is going to be "go the hell outside and make a snowman" by Mattel
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Oh this reminds me of the horrifyingly unsafe Halloween costumes Dan Aykroyd's character used to hawk on SNL.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Oh this reminds me of the horrifyingly unsafe Halloween costumes Dan Aykroyd's character used to hawk on SNL.

Loved those!!!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    3D4AA31EFDF413DA98B623D3E467D1.jpg
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    3D4AA31EFDF413DA98B623D3E467D1.jpg

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, and if I did, I think I would encourage them to find a physical activity that is maybe slightly more rewarding than a treadmill or elliptical. That said, kids often like to do what they see their parents doing (not only do they like it, it's how they learn to be people). If mom and/or dad run on a treadmill (maybe they like it, maybe they don't like running on ice, whatever), a kid may be very happy to do the same.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I was totally considering having kids this morning and this derailed it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Christmas gifts for awful kids?
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Christmas gifts for awful kids?

That's what I was hoping for when I clicked this thread... 'cause frankly I need something better (worse?) than lumps of coal and bundles of switches.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I agree with PP, I don't think it is horrible. I kinda think it is sweet that little Susie might run on her treadmill while Mommy is running on hers. It will allow them to bond with their parent (OMG! I know how horrible that bonding thing sounds). And it will teach them the importance of exercise which is great. That said, if it is pretty out, take your kids to the playground and play with them. Tag with your kids is great exercise!
  • STC189
    STC189 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah when I have kids their Christmas fitness gift is going to be "go the hell outside and make a snowman" by Mattel

This is what I do to my kids.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    My kids don't see treadmills and ellipticals as drudge work. They just see a machine, think "ooh, shiny!" and want to play on it.

Someone gave me that same kiddie treadmill. My kids love to run on it while I'm on mine. They don't last long, because treadmills suck, but it serves a purpose.

The elliptical? Nah. Because ellipticals are stupid. I may be biased.
  • Flamenquero
    Options
    I was hoping this was a thread about appropriate gifts for kids who are awful. I mean like my nieces and nephews who are riotous spawn of Satan, break everything, run amok, get bad grades, and who need to be shipped to nunneries and military schools. Oh well.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Based on observation while at aparment gyms, children love treadmills and elipticals.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    As a kid, I thought the oversized tee shirts of cats on rainbows were bad... guess I lucked out, eh?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Those are hilarious. I do agree with the kids wanting to mimic their parents for fun, so not completely terrible, but funny!

Example: I had a pedal John Deer Tractor when I was little. Whenever my Dad would mow, I would wear myself out pedaling along behind him pretending I was mowing!

JM
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Glad I dont have a girl:

slide_200200_525795_large.jpg