I want to be a DIRTY GIRL!

Options
Since I have started getting in better physical and mental shape I have realized that I can do anything I set my mind to! Working hard to reach my goals has become an addiction (in a good way). I have also come to acknowledge that I am a very goal oriented person. I work harder when I have deadlines and challenges so I am looking for some people to start a motivating, challenge oriented group. The end goal will be the Dirty Girl Mud Run in Baltimore, MD on August 13, 2013.
I would love to show up with a team of strong ladies and kick some butt while supporting such a great cause!
We will be making a difference in our lives by getting in awesome shape to participate and making a difference in the lives of others by supporting this cause.

Anybody with me? I will be there August 13 even if I have to go it alone but I hope to share this amazing journey with as many of my MFP sisters as I can!

Send me a friend request with a message if you are interested.

Replies

• kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Baltimore is not that far for me, I would LOVE to do it!!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I may just do this.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Disappointed......Not at all what I thought this thread was going to be about. Good luck with your fitness goals.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Challenge Mud Run in March!! I can't wait!! Good luck to you!!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Disappointed......Not at all what I thought this thread was going to be about. Good luck with your fitness goals.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too far for me to travel for a 5k. However, I say go for it!! I did a women's only mud run and it's a great way to break into running (5ks or mud runs in general). They are so much fun and everyone is so supportive!! Good luck!!
  • happypath101
    Options
    It's a "no go" for me. Way too far. But, GOOD FOR YOU!!! (And, maybe I should think about finding this same race in my area. Hmm.....)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Drity girl in Albequerque NM on Nov. 23rd 2013. I may not do it with you physically but as a fellow DG sister I will be with you in spirit!

GO DIRTY GIRLS!

Ps. Do a few before hand to get a feel. By the time I do the Dirty girl next Nov I will have done 10-12 mud run/obstacle courses. They are a blast!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I did it this year in Denver..its was such fun!...Wasnt that hard either..
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I am too far away to join you, but I did the Dirty Girl in August of 2012 and have already signed up for 2013. It was an absolute riot! I can't wait to do it again!
  • magazinegirl
    Options
    they just had one of those mud fears me things here in my town a few weeks ago. some girls i know went and it looked like a lot of fun but i didn't go. if i were in better shape i might try it next year. they had some hard stuff to do it looked like from the pictures! lol
  • KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Dirty Girl Run on May 4th in Wilkes-Barre; I'm super excited! I've never done a mud run before, but have always wanted to. Plus, the fact that the proceeds go towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation rocks!! Yay for getting dirty, having fun & working out for a good cause!! :)
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just did the Dirty girl mud run last weekend in San Antonio

<
    hince my profile pic ;)

It was a lot of fun!!! I'm actually moving to the DMV area early next year. So I will sign up for the run in Baltimore...will add you as a friend :)
  • TinaL99
    TinaL99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Dirty Girl Run on May 4th in Wilkes-Barre; I'm super excited! I've never done a mud run before, but have always wanted to. Plus, the fact that the proceeds go towards the Breast Cancer Research Foundation rocks!! Yay for getting dirty, having fun & working out for a good cause!! :)

I'm hoping to be at this run as well!
  • kas7670
    Options
    I'm already registered for the one in Buffalo, NY ... Your more than welcome to join me and my girls!