Anyone not get results with Insanity?

Options
rabt6f
rabt6f Posts: 37 Member
Once I'm done with Supreme 90 (cheap version of p90x), I already have insanity and plan on working my way through it. I've been right at 150lbs for 14 years and I'm 5 foot 4 inches. I can't ever get the scale to budge lower than 145 at the most. I've read tons of post where people have lost 20 lbs and made a huge transformation doing insanity. I can't image I would have such an extreme transformation. I'm thinking I'll only loose a lb or 2 and tone up. I do not have the nutrition guide, but I eat clean, with 3 cheat meals a week, but I alot for them in my calories for the day.

Has anyone completed insanity and not gotten results or at least not gotten much results?

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Look at your diet. You can definitely out-eat a good workout plan.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I am doing Supreme 90 right now. I was skeptical because of the price but all the reviews I read on amazon were really positive. So, what the hay? For that price it is worth a try. I m glad I got it. It is challenging and I have seen some big improvements in my muscles and strength. What have you thought? What day are you on? I am on day 39. Feel free to message me if you want.
  • blossom7onice
    blossom7onice Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity now. I hadn't lost at all doing the program until I started tracking calories on here. In fairness, I also play soccer 4 days a week and hockey 1 day a week with intermittent 5K's, so my results aren't solely based on the program. Insanity is really hard. I'm in week 4 and I still have to take tons of breaks. I have read on several sites, that ladies generally don't lose much doing insanity. I find that my body is reshaping, and I think I am burning off fat. I am getting stronger. Not losing tons of pounds though. I have been using a heart rate monitor with calories burned and find that one work out (with breaks) burns around 400 cals, except the fit test and recovery days which burn much less.

Long and short, I feel like it's definitely worth doing. I did P90x twice first. If you haven't tried P90x, I might suggest doing that first. I had some pretty good results doing that and I feel like it's a good initiation to how hard you'll work with insanity.

I'm also about the same size as you are. 5'1" and around 142.5.

Also, I just want to comment that I feel like running was what helped the most in burning off the 23 lbs I have lost this year.
  • chaosrocks
    Options
    As long as you push yourself you will see results. Although if you are looking to loose weight you will have to diet, 80%, 20% excersise

I find insanity a lot harder than p90x the only reason being I can't use a lighter weight. During insanity you are forced to throw around your body weight, where as p90x I can swap to a lighter dumbell if I'm feeling weak.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My results have been more than super. And I whole heartedly suggest doing Insanity. It's the best thing ever.

I started with almost no fitness base. I don't think you need to do p90x or be able to run 10 miles to do insanity. Just push yourself as hard as you possibly can and if you need a quick break-- take it.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I started insanity on Nov 19th, did my second fit test and almost doubled all my results. Its a great work out and I can tell I'm losing body fat already. I did supreme 90 before and lost 1.4lbs and a few inches, I have to say that it made me more fit and that's why I'm able to do insanity. Good luck girl!

I'm 5'1 and 124.4lbs
  • bucketzofcrazy
    bucketzofcrazy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought Insanity only after I had reached my goal weight, to tone up, and the hubs said he'd do it too. We pushed through, and I mean we didn't pretend, we got our butts handed to us! After 2 months, I lost about 3 pounds and an inch off my waist, not extreme results, but results none the less, and my husband also only lost a few pounds and a few more inches than myself. Not that I was looking to lose too much more weight, but I was expecting more I guess. In the end, it'll be worth it, I definitely toned around my tummy, thighs and arms, and my legs and arms actually have a shape now! Watch your diet and push through, it's tough, but you'll make it!
  • rabt6f
    Options
    I worked through day 20 on supreme 90, but it took me 2 months. I took 2 weeks off and decided to restart supreme 90 and become more dedicated, with a healthy diet also. I'm now on day 22 and eating good and seeing some results. I can't stick to the calendar exactly because of work and traveling, but I do the best I can to get at least 5 workouts in a week. I feel more toned and less bloated, but I'm also being careful with a strained knee so I can't go as deep as I would like.
  • rabt6f
    Options
    I bought Insanity only after I had reached my goal weight, to tone up, and the hubs said he'd do it too. We pushed through, and I mean we didn't pretend, we got our butts handed to us! After 2 months, I lost about 3 pounds and an inch off my waist, not extreme results, but results none the less, and my husband also only lost a few pounds and a few more inches than myself. Not that I was looking to lose too much more weight, but I was expecting more I guess. In the end, it'll be worth it, I definitely toned around my tummy, thighs and arms, and my legs and arms actually have a shape now! Watch your diet and push through, it's tough, but you'll make it!

I really figure I will only loose a few pounds also and just tone up. Seems like I can't get under 145 ever. I'm glad that even though you didn't loose a ton of weight, you still recommend Insanity.
  • rabt6f
    Options
    I started insanity on Nov 19th, did my second fit test and almost doubled all my results. Its a great work out and I can tell I'm losing body fat already. I did supreme 90 before and lost 1.4lbs and a few inches, I have to say that it made me more fit and that's why I'm able to do insanity. Good luck girl!

I'm 5'1 and 124.4lbs

Great. I was hoping Supreme 90 would give me enough strength to start insanity. I'm feeling more fit, just wish I was one of those people who could loose 10 pounds in a month. I'll probably never get those results!
  • KL_24
    KL_24 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have one more week left with insanity and i must say my cardio/fitness definitely improved. The only reason i know i havent been seeing the results i wanted is because i cheated with my diet. I am completely regretting it now and im going to keep doing month 2 over and over (with a strict CLEAN diet this time) until I get to where I want to be. I've heard a lot of success stories with insanity and i truly believe there will be results as long as one sticks to a clean diet.
  • Apix
    Apix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just finished insanity and only saw a 6 lb loss, but 7.5 inches lost as well. I didn't see any results until month 2 but consistently logged calories. I am 5'5 140lbs. I was definitely hoping for the miraculous, infomercial type results, but i'm ok with what i got instead. I did over 2x's better on my final fit test than the first test, and without running for 2 months, was able to easily run 4 miles yesterday.

So my results were not best measured by the scale, but I can tell a huge diffference in my strength and endurance.
  • rabt6f
    Options
    I have one more week left with insanity and i must say my cardio/fitness definitely improved. The only reason i know i havent been seeing the results i wanted is because i cheated with my diet. I am completely regretting it now and im going to keep doing month 2 over and over (with a strict CLEAN diet this time) until I get to where I want to be. I've heard a lot of success stories with insanity and i truly believe there will be results as long as one sticks to a clean diet.

Thanks for the input, I'll make sure I keep up with the clean eating! It seems to be helping my results through Supreme 90. I never realized how important nutrition was to health until I started MFP.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would say besides what others have said is being shorter (speaking from personal experience) don't go by the huge calorie burns that are estimated for it. I found wearing my heart rate monitor that even though I was busting my butt thro the entire workout I was only burning about 250 (that's an average but it was nowhere near the like 500-600 others get) I'm 5' 2"
  • rabt6f
    Options
    The only thing I would say besides what others have said is being shorter (speaking from personal experience) don't go by the huge calorie burns that are estimated for it. I found wearing my heart rate monitor that even though I was busting my butt thro the entire workout I was only burning about 250 (that's an average but it was nowhere near the like 500-600 others get) I'm 5' 2"

I too have noticed less calorie burn than others. No matter how hard I have tried to push it. At least now I know it's not me. It's nice to know others are having some of the same issues.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!