Starting over...friends?

Options
Hi all! I have just gotten back from my holiday abroad, and I am officially starting over. I feel absolutely awful after stuffing myself silly for 2 weeks. I fell off the wagon before I left too, so it's all just spiralled out of control.

The worst part is, I am going wedding dress shopping in 3 weeks! I have several appointments and its going to be horrible if I don't get back on track over the next few weeks. So, this is my wake up call, I am back on track.

I really do need help though. A lot of the friends I had on here when I first started no longer log on, and it would be great to have some more friends on here to follow and do this together with! I think that really helped in the beginning and as people have tapered off I've lost the motivation. I am really positive and will support you all too!!!

Let's do this together! Friend me if you'd like!

Replies

• jasminegreen01
    Options
    i am in a similar boat minus the wedding! add me would love some new friends :) x x
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I, too, am starting over! You are right, the motivation is key for many of us as we work towards a healthier body. I'll add you!
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Same here (minus the wedding). Feel free to add me. I can really use some support and motivation... I just don't seem to have any willpower to work out :(
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    Wow the response is amazing, thank you all!! I am so excited for starting over now, let's do this together!!
  • ltravis66
    ltravis66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Starting over as well, although this is my first time trying My Fitness Pal. I've done others and have done well, but I always go off it. Someone I work with lost a lot of weight with MFP, so I thought I would not only give it a try but get involved in the chats. This way I can have others hold me accountable. So I'm counting on all of you out there.

I have a thyroid disease so that makes it a little harder for me. Anyone else out there with hypothyroidism?

Any support and words of wisdom I can get is greatly appreciated
  • shortstuff17
    shortstuff17 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I worked so hard over the summer and in September ran my first 5k. After that we went on vacation and my motivation has yet to return. Add me...I would love the support as well :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i joined last year when i got engaged (and yesterday was my 6 month wedding anniversary!!!). i have now been maintaining for about 12 months, but still working on lowering my BF%.

I am on here all the time, so if you have an open diary and net 1200 cals (at least!!!), feel free to add me!!!
  • carolmsb
    carolmsb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Starting over as well, although this is my first time trying My Fitness Pal. I've done others and have done well, but I always go off it. Someone I work with lost a lot of weight with MFP, so I thought I would not only give it a try but get involved in the chats. This way I can have others hold me accountable. So I'm counting on all of you out there.

I have a thyroid disease so that makes it a little harder for me. Anyone else out there with hypothyroidism?

Any support and words of wisdom I can get is greatly appreciated

I have what's called Hashimoto's Disease-which is hypothyroidism. I take synthroid for it.. Gotta get to work or I would talk more. Later
  • ltravis66
    ltravis66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's what I have Carolmsb. I take synthroid as well. It's a real struggle for me.

My whole life I was a size 4. Never dieted and my main food group was chocolate. Never thought about what I was eating.

In 2007 I was diagnosed and it has been a battle. I think more mentally at first. I had no idea how to eat right and loose weight. I joke that the disease has saved my life. If I continued on my path I would have no doubt I would have heart problems.

I do eat a lot of fruit and veggies, however, I am terrible at portion control. And I love to have my wine!

Thanks for all the support
  • Duski252
    Duski252 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm the same here. Starting over again is hard. This is the first time I have responded to people. I am hoping it will encourage me to continue this challenge. I have always been big even as a child. It's time to see what it's like being healthy. I will be friends with anyone who needs the same encouragement as I do. Wishing all of you a good day today.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am still here with you, Beth!!! I have started to gain some weight back and I am not sure why. I do need some motivation to kick it into high gear because I am approaching a year of logging and exercising. I am likeing the JMBR so far...but I am still here for ya! You got this!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Some of your old friends are still here! ;) Let's do this!
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    Aw I know you ladies will always be there!!! I was just getting a little depressed when there were like three people's posts in my newsfeed everyday and pretty much everyone else had quit! I figured its time for some new friends too! Thanks so much for your amazing support every day!!
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    And Brooke...you can definitely do this! It sounds like maybe time to switch things up. Try new foods? Eat clean for a week? You do look absolutely fantastic though, so I'm sure it can't be that bad!

I would like to start incorporating in protein powder after my workouts. I know it seems a little over the top, but if it will boost my protein intake and keep me full/less sore then I think it's worth it. I'll let you know how it goes!

I cannot WAIT for xmas so that I can get my JMBR!!! So excited to start!
  • marliinos
    marliinos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcom back! I've already started over me too ^^
    Feel free to add me :)
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good idea :) It may keep you fuller longer as well...I think I should try that. I did it in the beginning, I don't remember if it worked. LOL