Kansas City people!

I'm in KC for two weeks---tell me your favorite places to eat, what to do....I am very interested in good food, good bars and walking around great neighborhoods and cool downtown areas.

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Welcome to KC!
    I lived here for a couple years.... I'm still discovering too. Maybe some real locals will chime in.

Obviously you should try some KC BBQ! Oklahoma Joes is crazy good. Go before you're starving... There's usually a decent wait.
    Power and light district by the sprint center downtown has lots of bars and resteraunts.
    Do some shopping at the plaza! I love it down there. It's beautiful at night right now with all the lights. Some pretty swanky shopping and delicious places to eat and drink
    Take a drive through the west bottoms. I say drive... If you're alone I wouldn't suggest wandering it on foot by yourself. Lots of old abandoned buildings. It's like going back in time a bit.
    A little bit of a drive but there's a really neat bar in Weston. Omallys pub. It's underground, old speakeasy.

I'll come back if I think of any more.
  • ajp913
    ajp913 Posts: 100 Member
    Oklahoma Joe's is a winner... Julie pretty much nailed the whole list. So... now I'm going to day dream about barbecue for a while...