Fat, balding as as hairy as my ex-boyfriend. Welcome all! :)

Options
Hi there,
I'm 26,5"1. 250lbs of love, I'm super overweight, have PCOS, insulin resistance (but I refuse to take metformin because it causes more damage than good) Sleep Apnea, dyspepsia, and I'm going bald, yet I'm as hairy as a man (I could grow a moustash for movember or a beard even) and my stomach looks like I've been wrestling a lion. And sooo I'd like to have something positive in my life.
I just broke up with a jerk of a boyfriend who reminded me how fat I am and how useless I am.
It won't be easy to get rid of these vampieric urges for sweets or motivate myself to go into a gym full of skinny people, but there's no short cuts to any place worth going.
I guess I'll just pull my shirt on and get to it (I got a gym shirt made that reads "Am I skinny yet"? on the back)

Hi everyone. :) Let's keep each other motivated, eh? (Oh, I'm Canadian btw! )

...oh and I'm wearing a blond wig in my picture!

Replies

• anndelaney67
    anndelaney67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hi im ann also have most the problems you have, have to say since ive been dieting ive lost 56lb so far on ww giving this a go as its free,my hormones have started to get bit better still could have grown a tash for november mind lol,also ive been given a tablet called spironolactone been taken now for just over 4months and i cant beleive it but i have hair growth its great im over the moon felt needed to share as this may work for you,hospital give my weight lose may have somethink to do with it all as well hormones etc add me if you like and we could share treatments etc and help each other along the way gd luck with it all:smile:
  • starsunmoon30
    Options
    LOVE the shirt, I need one of those.. LOL I can never MAKE myself GO to the gym, So I am not starting there yet ... I am just gonna start walking around my home, and riding my boke. and TRY to eat right ..... AND ann, WHAT did you say the hospital did ?? couldent read your post that well .... But jessica, KNOW you are NOT ALONE, and WE CAN DO IT !! get healthy And SKINNY !!!!!I need to make me one of those shirts, But I def want a black one .. To cover this stomach .. atleast for now...... BUT I have faith, and I have terriable health myself, and am 70 lpds overweight, SO I know we can do this !!!! feel free to vent to me at any time .. im here.. and hope you start your day happy and eating right .. if not ... start over : ) .... one day at a time , we can fight this all of it !!!
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'2" and also have PCOS!

YOU can be the positive in your life! You are not useless - you have joined up here to change and you can and will achieve your goals.

PCOS may make things harder for you but the extra challenge and fighting will make the goal all the more amazing!

Jump in, add friends, and change your life!

The blond suits you! :tongue:
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'4" and have PCOS also. I weigh 188 right now, 3 months preggo. I found this study online--it shows that BMR for women with PCOS (especially with insulin resistance) sucks! I am taking Metformin, which has been a lifesaver for me, it helped me lose 40 lbs after I had my first son along with strict low carb diet and LOTS of exercise. Metformin is helping me maintain during this pregnancy. Here's the link to the study if you're interested: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18678372
  • freyapearson
    Options
    i love your positive attitude you could definitely be my motivator!!! feel free to add me btw
  • eatyourselffitter
    eatyourselffitter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I'm new here as well. Humor is a great thing!
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    To OP - you may want to reconsider Metformin. High blood sugar causes so many more problems than Metformin. I took Metformin when first diagnosed, lost a bunch of weight and was able to wean myself off of it. i assume you're seeing a doctor regularly.
  • denise148
    denise148 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm Canadian too! Feel free to add me! Good luck; I think if you can lost even 10% of your body weight you'll find it will help with other symptoms you're experiencing!