Anyone Else a Serial Evening Muncher?

Options
I can't be the only one? I hate eating in the morning as it makes me feel really lethargic for the rest of the day, i'll eat a reasonable meal at lunch and a good dinner, But after that all i want to do is munch? Anybody else get like this? What are your best evening munchies that are low in fat/calories? i'm finding tangerines are my favorite evening snack at the moment

Replies

• gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm an evening cereal muncher. Does that count? :wink:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I can't be the only one? I hate eating in the morning as it makes me feel really lethargic for the rest of the day, i'll eat a reasonable meal at lunch and a good dinner, But after that all i want to do is munch? Anybody else get like this? What are your best evening munchies that are low in fat/calories? i'm finding tangerines are my favorite evening snack at the moment

I eat a ton at night. All kinds of foods and not necessarily low calories. I skip breakfast and save calories so that, when my cravings hit, I have the calorie room left to eat.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I do my munching in the morning, while my wife is still asleep.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I think you are doing it wrong!
  • dillyrock92
    Options
    glad im not the only one! its gotten to the point now that i eat less than 600 calories during the day so if the munchies attack i don't go over!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Every evening but its because I'm told to.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    carpet diem....is how I feel about late evening snackin \m/
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Only when she's in the mood
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

If she's not waking up, you're definitely doing something wrong. :tongue:

As for the topic at hand, most of my snacking is done at night after my workout, but none are really low calories or low fat ... quite the opposite actually ... at night is when I typically eat my cheese, crackers and candy (dark chocolate covered almonds or cherries usually). So long as it fits in your macros, it doesn't matter when you eat your calories.
  • dillyrock92
    Options
    ok i think im being dumb... what are macros?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ok i think im being dumb... what are macros?
    carbs/fat/protein \m/
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally an IFer and do ALL my eating at night (my "meals" tend to be on the more munch-side anyway lol)
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    who ever said cereal at night. i 2nd that.

gimme the honey nut cheerios, puffins cereal or honey bunches of oats..

also hot tea and a chocolate almond biscotti by noni's( i think that's the spelling).. there like 120 calories max for one.
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yup...i eat a ton at night. My diary has the proof, lol.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I try to leave nearly half my calories for the evening because I prefer to snack than use up all my calories in big meals. Healthy snacks, but definitely snacking behavior.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Clementines
    Club crackers with peanut butter spread and topped with bananas and drizzled with honey
    Cereal

Any one of these....I consider myself "good" if I stick with this^^^^^^^^^
  • fanarad
    fanarad Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am horribleee for snacking at night! Some of my favourites though are cucumber with light Kraft ranch dressing, raspberries with fat free yogurt(turns out to be under 100 calories for a bowl of that!), light cheese(light babybels are my fav - 50 calories each), or just general fruits or steamed veggies. Oh another thing I like to do is take an apple, cut it in slices, sprinkle a little cinnamon on it, and cook it in the microwave - tastes like apple pie filling :)