It Wraps - Yes or No?

Options
I've been looking into It Wraps by Jillian and debating on whether or not to get it. Does anyone know if it works or doesn't work? What is your opinion on it?
The number on the scale is going down but I'm still fat, regardless of all of the jogging, elliptical, ab workout, push ups, walking, etc. Plus keeping up with water, protein, fiber, sodium, fat, carb, and calorie intake daily for nearly 3 months...I shouldn't still look this way, it's ridiculously depressing.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    what are they? can you post a link?
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Wraps and other spa treatments like that are typically only a temporary fix to losing inches. It's all water weight from sweat. It comes back in the end. I wouldn't waste your money!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

Weight loss can be frustrating, but you just have to have patience. Products like this won't do anything.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about food. I love wraps, the kind that's food.

wraps1.jpg
  • meyerstwilight6
    meyerstwilight6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. It is just water weight you will lose...and it's essentially just ben gay they use lol
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into It Wraps by Jillian and debating on whether or not to get it. Does anyone know if it works or doesn't work? What is your opinion on it?
    The number on the scale is going down but I'm still fat, regardless of all of the jogging, elliptical, ab workout, push ups, walking, etc. Plus keeping up with water, protein, fiber, sodium, fat, carb, and calorie intake daily for nearly 3 months...I shouldn't still look this way, it's ridiculously depressing.

Wraps is a temporary way of losing water - it will come back - don't waste your money...
    Your problem is the exercise you do - with the exeption of push-ups and maybe the ab workout (depends on what it entails) you will not see much shape changing even though the scale goes down...

Throw in some serious resistance training or some heavy weights 3 times a week, and do cardio twice...For the price of the wraps you can buy a program like Chalean Xtreme - it will teach you the basics of heavy lifting, and even without losing another ounce, you will see an awesome difference in shape and inches....
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    I see. Thank you everyone! :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Wrap yourself up in cellophane and sweat for a while. You'll get the same result and spend a lot less.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    No.

:angry:
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm an esthetician and used to work at a medi-spa and I performed body wraps. I used to tell my clients they are good for a temporary thing... like feeling better in a dress for NYE or something - not real "weightloss".

If that is your goal, go for it!! But go pamper yourself and have it done! It's not the same when you try to do it yourself. :)
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about food. I love wraps, the kind that's food.

wraps1.jpg

Same... :(
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep at it. If this helps you feel better and keeps you moving then do it. But patience is the key. I have the hardest time with it as well.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    My Weigh, I would suggest you start a weight training program and some serious High Intensity Interval Training. While other things may make you lose weight, these two are the real body transformers. Not to be mean, but I know lots of chubby runners and elliptical users. As in, people who have been doing this stuff for years.

There's lots of good free HIIT stuff on youtube. here's a link to my playlists there, one of which is an (incomplete but in progress) HIIT playlist. It's hard. i won't lie to you. But you sound like you're after HOT. Not just lighter. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/lacurandera231/videos?view=1

Also a blog of mine. Advice I'd give any gal on here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lacurandera1/view/eat-right-exercise-right-my-get-hot-advice-449953#comments
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    31056298.jpg
  • IslandRider
    Options
    I have done wraps and love them, not the "exercise/slimming" kind, though. I like the "detox" wrap with the aromatherapy soft music and put an electric blanket over you to keep the heat in the rubber suit. (I know that sounds really weird) It was the most relaxing experience and best sleep I ever had. I don't think it did a darn thing for detox either, but it was awesome for stress relief and relaxation.
  • IslandRider
    Options
    Forgot to say, unless you want a really good snooze, don't waste your cash....
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Fads don't work and if they do, they certainly don't last.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    31056298.jpg

You are awesome :glasses: