This is not a quick fix so...........

Options
Why only have the option to see the days calories and not the weeks!

Sorry if you are bored of my campaign but I want to try and reach out to everyone!

Dieting is not a quick fix. So why not have the option to see a bigger picture and not just the day?

If
That is why I am begging the MFP people to give us the option to see the bigger picture and allow us to see the weeks totals like we can for exercise, instead of just the days.

If you will find this useful then PLEASE go to

TOPIC: weekly goal for food diary as well as exercise diary - It is under the ideas forum

Please people WE NEED YOU xx

I should say this is not to give the option to BANK Calories. Just to allow us to see the bigger picture instead of A BIG RED NEGATIVE as an excuse to jump off the wagon which I know many of us do!

The title of this post was also chosen to get attention, I am sure as with me, that it might be the meal at the end of the day that takes us over a little even though we have been so good the rest of the day.

Replies

• Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    I love your persistence! I totally agree with this idea!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I hope they change this! It would be really helpful. maybe we should all message mike
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I think it might be good, but for me it IS day by day. If I have an off day, I know that tomorrow is a NEW day and I can start over!

How exactly would the week thing work? A certain amount of calories for the week instead of the day?
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Can't we already see that? When I click 'reports' and then 'nutrition' I can see a graph with my calories for one week, or you can click for over a week, like up to a month I think.
    Is this what you're looking for?
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think it might be good, but for me it IS day by day. If I have an off day, I know that tomorrow is a NEW day and I can start over!

How exactly would the week thing work? A certain amount of calories for the week instead of the day?

I am not saying that some people cannot manage with how it is. I am not saying we should do it on a week instead of a day. I am saying that it would be good for those who can fall off the wagon when they see something negative at the end of the day an option to look at spreading the damage over the week instead of feeling like they have failed after one slightly over day.

I would also like to point out that for those who are so perfect then this will obviously not be a tool you might use but is it really a reason not to have the option for those who would find it useful?

All people are different and require different tools in order to do the job. Just because one does or does not require a certain tool, it does not mean it should be written off as an idea
  • mariena
    mariena Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I definitely like the idea of seeing each day with totals as is with all your food choices listed and then have a "week view" option where you can see all your days side by side with food choices and totaled for the week. I mean, right now we can do the report thing, but for me I really want to be able to see the food choices along with the calories. Kind of like how in MS outlook you can do a day, week, or month calendar...
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Until this gets decided on you can always use a spreadsheet to track your week. This isn't for everyone;I NEED to SEE the Numbers :laugh:

I wanted to SEE the "Daily Deficit" after exercise and all food was entered. This helped me immensely... Most weeks I had between 2800 - 3000 deficit, I knew that somewhere down the road I would see a loss :bigsmile: . Just a suggestion :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options

I am not saying that some people cannot manage with how it is. I am not saying we should do it on a week instead of a day. I am saying that it would be good for those who can fall off the wagon when they see something negative at the end of the day an option to look at spreading the damage over the week instead of feeling like they have failed after one slightly over day.

I would also like to point out that for those who are so perfect then this will obviously not be a tool you might use but is it really a reason not to have the option for those who would find it useful?

All people are different and require different tools in order to do the job. Just because one does or does not require a certain tool, it does not mean it should be written off as an idea

Whoa! There is no need to take offense by my post. I just asked a genuine question because I wasn't sure exactly how the weekly idea would work.

And I don't think I am perfect, thank you very much!
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    We all have different size feet so we buy our shoes to suit the size and the job they are needed for.

Some people may find that they get shoes that fit them perfectly right away. Others may need to try on a few different styles and fits to get the right ones for them. They will advise the shop assistant of there needs in order to get the perfect pair.