Help me gain!

I am 5'10", about 155, and I would like to know if anyone has any tips for gaining weight? I eat all of the time and I have been the same weight for the last 8 years or so.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    add portion sizes to your meals, add vegetable oil to foods when cooking, eat nuts for snacks, steaks, etc.. basically if your eating all the time, eat a bit more. And use the big size plates.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    You can eat ALL day, non-stop, and lose weight.

It all really depends on WHAT you are eating. =/
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Why are you looking to gain?
  • BattlingMaxo
    BattlingMaxo Posts: 21 Member
    If you are looking to gain muscle and I assume you are an ectomorph (skinny guy) First you need to workout with weights, If you want to gain mass Workout heavy as hell and to failure. Work up to heavy weights slowly. (don't forget warmup sets to avoid injuries)You will need proper nuitrition as well or you can't grow set your macros to 40-50-10 meaning 40% protein, 50 % complex carbs, and 10% fats You will need at least 1 gram of protein per lb of weight. It's almost impossible to get enough protein with food so you need a protein drink. You will need to gain muscle slowly to avoiud much fat increase and you need to eat 10% above your maintenance. Creatine is important but you can still grow with out it but it take longer. you don't need much creatine, for the first three to five days you will need to load creatine (about 25mg a day) then after that only 5 mg a day needed Take after workout is best. and only about 6 to 12 weeks, then stop and cycle it. Of course if you are needing to lose fat there some changes needed. . There is a lot more i can tell you but don't have time. Hope that helps. Go on www.bodybuilding.com for some more detailed advice
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    I am 5'10", about 155, and I would like to know if anyone has any tips for gaining weight? I eat all of the time and I have been the same weight for the last 8 years or so.

Figure out your TDEE.
    Start here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133163973&page=1

Set your intake to the following:

For calories -- TDEE + 10%

Protein: At least 1g/lb LBM
    Fat: At least .35g/lb bodyweight.
    Carbohydrate: Everything else once you've hit or exceeded the above minimums.

Lastly, I am assuming you are resistance training unless you just want to get fatter.

See above link for more info.
  • aliciapenny
    aliciapenny Posts: 51 Member
    you need at least .40 grams of fat per lb of body weight which may or may not be 10% of your calories.

Creatine is not a necessity. no supplements are. I can get my protein with just food. it's not that hard.

If you want to put on weight you need to eat more food (over maintenance). If you want to lose weight you eat under maintenance. it is all about how many calories you eat.