Bowflex Treadclimber - yes? No?

Options
Hi MFP! I am wondering if anyone has a bowflex treadclimber tc20? I had a gym membership but did not go enough once the school year started (I teach and 2 boys in sports) and am thinking of getting an elliptical at home. I keep seeing commercials and am interested in getting one.

Any opinions? I would like something to use at home - I am decently motivated, it's more a matter of timing and weather.

Replies

• iis86
    iis86 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes. I just bought one and I am on day 3 with it. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week and use the elliptical machine. The Boxflex is a great workout and I am soaked when I am done. Its easy to use (my wife also uses it)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The question really is whether or not this is the right piece of gear for you.

While Bowflex does an amazing job marketing their products I'm inclined to think it's pretty much a one trick pony. If you have no intentions of ever running (the TC 20 has max speed of 4.5mph) it may suit your needs. For the price they sell for you could buy a really good treadmill and an elliptical. (I realize that it's advertising but Bowflex makes some pretty incredible claims about calorie burns etc)
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    If you do decide to get one look around. I see a ton of them for sale used (which makes me wonder how much people actually like them lol)
  • ezwryder
    Options
    If you do decide to get one look around. I see a ton of them for sale used (which makes me wonder how much people actually like them lol)

I'd say that's good advice for just about all exercise equipment. I bought a gym quality exercise bike from Craigslist and a Bowflex system from eBay (a local seller, I wouldn't buy one that had to be shipped). Each was about a third the cost of new and were almost unused.