Healthy Snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The questions about why low fat are correct... Avoid poor quality fats such as hydrogenated oils and trans fats... But your body needs good fats such as Omega 3 to maintain the brain, rebuild tissue and to construct hormones.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My problem with healthy snacks isn't so much low fat, it is finding ones with low sodium. Everywhere I turn I am getting whacked with sodium. My breakfast of Greek yogurt, my snack of super yummy organic baby carrots, a small pita.

I know we need sodium and we need to replace the sodium we sweat out during exercise. While I am very healthy, high blood pressure and heart attacks run in my family. I am all for being cautious.
  • TakeTimeToCare19
    Options
    I really enjoy a mini whole wheat bagel with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it. I polish it off with a granny smith apple and lots of water. So delish!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    popcorn!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs...just the whites.
    Yogurt.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So glad I read this post. I am always looking for new snack ideas! I have the same old go-to's and it gets boring!

Morning snacks:
    fruit
    fiber one chewy bar (90 cals)
    Granola Bars (150-190 cals)

Afternoon/lunch time snacks:
    Veggies dipped in hummus
    Celery dipped in peanut butter or yogurt bleu cheese dressing (depending on dressing or PB it's 50-200 cals)
    Granola Bars (150-190 cals)
    Wheat Thins Veggie crisps (snack size bag is about 240 cals but high in sodium)

Nightime/after dinner snack:
    pretty much anything if it fits into my calories for the day and it's not too close to bedtime!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    This is what I eat...I have changed a little bit since writing this blog post though haha

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Dauntlessness/view/the-snacks-i-eat-the-most-189226
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I roast chickpeas .. take one can of chickpeas drain liquid and mix with some olive oil and seasoning ( I use garlic salt and canjun) spread out on a cookie sheet and put in oven 350.. turn every 15 min for 45 min - 60 min. Delish !!!
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    An Unsalted Almond/Craisin Medley is pretty tasty, but I am addicted to sweet/filling foods. Toast ONE piece of whole wheat/grain bread, 1 tbsp of peanut butter and slice a banana on it! YUMMMMM!