Just starting...

Options
Hello! I'm 5'5 and about 60-70 lbs overweight. When my first marriage had physically and emotionally drained me I started going to the gym. I lived on base in Hawaii and everyone was always in a bikini....so there was alot of motivation. I lost about 30 lbs in less than a year and was the smallest I'd been since before having my 3 beautiful children. I divorced my husband and moved back to PA for a new start with my kids. After 3 years, I met my current husband and now I'm back to the yearly gains instead of a steady weight or losing anything. I can't say he's supportive one way or another on weight loss, but is the first to admit I've changed alot since we've been married (7 years now.) Even so far to call me "chubby" when we fight. Even with the apology afterwards, I can't get the words out of my head.
I want a permanent change and I want it to be for me and no one else... I feel like so much of my life is devoted to making others happy that I put my needs on hold and it's starting to take it's toll on me, especially weight wise... Stress eating and what not.
The final straw is losing my Dad 2 months ago. I can't even describe how that totally flipped my world upside down and left this huge void in my life. With that said and not going into too much detail, I read alot of posts on this site and also spent some time reading how many people are having many of the same issues I am and how we can all support one another. So it's definitely encouraging and I need to pull myself out of this state of mind before I get any worse than I already am.

Thank you for reading this and good luck to you!! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you think it will benefit our weightloss endeavours!!

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I need to lose close to the same amount. I love to support my fellow MFP friends. Just sent you a request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • cynthiarobb
    cynthiarobb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's great you've found this site. It's a big help :) I need to lose about the same amount as you. If you can add Fitness sites etc on Twitter/Facebook. I find it helps to see these first thing in the morning. Very encouraging & helps to start the day off right!
  • Lisabeth924
    Options
    Thank you!! I'm looking forward to getting rid of this extra weight, that's for sure! This is definitely the heaviest I've ever been and I never want to see it again!! Your support is appreciated and likewise, if any of you need anything, let me know!
  • Shantelle310
    Shantelle310 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also need to loose about the same amount I weight. I am having blood pressure issues now so I really have to watch my sodium! Thanks always nice to have support!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am adding you, I can relate - the stress of losing my mom last year was a big contribution to me getting fat, then deciding to get fit. :-) Welcome to MFP!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to get heathier....sending you a friend request.
  • 90dancingqueen
    Options
    I just started in here and have been trying to lose the same 10 pounds for what feels like ever! Next August I am getting married and would like to lose this extra weight once and for all! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • paintedlady77
    paintedlady77 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am finding that I'm loving this site! I just joined 5 minutes ago! Good luck to you and to all!
  • nmk1974
    Options
    Just starting and would like to add you as a friend
  • auz58
    auz58 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome it really is a good site .....I'm sure you will lose the weight just do it for your self . feel free to add me