Watch it

Options
I know there are many different foods in the food bank, but I am really starting to notice that many of them entered, are not correct. Maybe just typos when entered, or possibly the labels are read wrong but we should make sure we read the label before we click on a food thats already in the system. Even if just a few calories off, we might need those calories later! lol :noway: Maybe alot of people already recognized this before, but maybe the newbies want to check it out before they track foods in the system.

Just something I noticed, and maybe can help someone else. :bigsmile:

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    oh no? what? :frown:
  • RJursik
    RJursik Posts: 13
    Options
    Good advice, Tina. I've started to pay attention to the "Confirmations" number that pops up when you highlight one of the search results. If it's a zero, I start to get suspicious.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    yup I check check and double check (example Togos taco salad it listed as about 300 cals when it is actually over 1000) so when in doubt check it :bigsmile:
  • tinabosquez
    tinabosquez Posts: 107
    Options
    yeah, I always just found what I wanted in the system, clicked on it and never thought about it. Even simple things like kraft miracle whip, was off like 20 calories per serving. This week, I decided to just check things, with the original lables, and I started noticing that things were really off. Might be just a few calories, but hey, it might be the few calories that push us over the calorie count. :drinker:
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I've noticed it too, but, you can always help by correcting the ones that have the wrong information, that is what I have started doing:smile:
  • tinabosquez
    tinabosquez Posts: 107
    Options
    hey Amy, good idea! How can we fix ones that we didn't enter? Makes more sense to fix them instead of there being like 10 of the same exact thing. :flowerforyou:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I check sometimes, but its such a hassle to check it. I don't usually get the "close" button so I have to hit "back", then I have to find the entry all over again.

I've also tried to correct the entry in the past and have NEVER been able to do it successfully. Its much less hassle to just enter a new one - probly why you end up with 20 of the same entries of some things.

This is def. an area that needs tweaking on here - at least for me.