Tae bo/kickboxing anyone???

Options
I have this tae bo dvd that I wanna try to add into my exercise plan but I don't know how I would log it as neither tae bo nor kickboxing are listed. I don't have a HRM so I can't log it myself manually. Does anybody know how I would log this on MFP? Please and thank you :)

Replies

• katied812
    katied812 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you type in kick boxing as two separate words, it does come up in the list! It should say judo/kick boxing/tae kwon do, or something like that...
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well I am taking a kickboxing class at the gym...I have just been entering it as high impact aerobics. I wore my HRM last week and it said 994 calories in 60 minutes...but it not an expensive one and I don't like over estimating so I manually entered 750 (subtracted about 25%). Not sure if that helps you, but hope so.
  • 8turboturtle8
    Options
    Actually, if you type in kick boxing as two separate words, it does come up in the list! It should say judo/kick boxing/tae kwon do, or something like that...

Really?!?! I will have to try that, Thanks!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...I do a turbo kick class (which is kickboxing but faster) and one of the girls at my gym said it burns 900 calories...I know I'm not going full-force since I've only been a handful of times so I usually figure I've burned about 500. If I feel after how I do once I've burned 500 on the elliptical, then I go by that. So maybe gauge the calorie burn by something else, calories-burned wise? Hope that helps.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    LOVE Tae Bo :)

Yeah, I always typed in kick boxing & used that as a general guide!
  • 8turboturtle8
    Options
    Hmmmm...I do a turbo kick class (which is kickboxing but faster) and one of the girls at my gym said it burns 900 calories...I know I'm not going full-force since I've only been a handful of times so I usually figure I've burned about 500. If I feel after how I do once I've burned 500 on the elliptical, then I go by that. So maybe gauge the calorie burn by something else, calories-burned wise? Hope that helps.

Yeah, I take the TurboKick at 24 hour. I am sure I look like a fish out of water but I am moving the whole time (usually in the wrong direction)...and your girl and my HRM are close...maybe it is closer to accurate than I thought...hmmm...I will see again tonight.