Jillian Micheals ripped in 30..

Holy crap. This is so hard. The side lundges with front raises makes me feel like I am very uncoordinated. Anyone else do this and have trouble there?

Replies

• Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    I did Ripped in 30 back in August. Those were tough, but felt good with 3 lb weights. I tried the workout once again in October with 5 lb weights it was killer. Maybe you are going too heavy with the hand weights?
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    I'm doing it. :noway: On day 2, Level 2. Ugh.

This is me afterwards: O-/--<
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    That was a toughy for me too! When it gets too difficult for me I just use one weight and I hold it with both hands and it helps alot.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    That was a toughy for me too! When it gets too difficult for me I just use one weight and I hold it with both hands and it helps alot.
    That's a good tip!

To the OP - don't feel locked into one set of hand weights for all the exercises. I keep three different weight sets nearby and change them up between exercises. There are some (bicep curl-type exercises) for which I can handle 8 lb weights and others that I have to switch down to by 3 lb weights. I just pick a set that are going to be challenging for the particular exercise and keep changing them as I need to. Using one weight with both hands is another good way to drop the load by half if an exercise can be performed that way.
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    I have been on Level 1 forever trying to master all those lunges :laugh:
  • Oh thank you all! I feel much better. I seriously felt like cooked spaghetti when I was finished. I was going to try and stack work-outs. Hahaha yea right.