Nearly there - NSV

Options
cobo72
cobo72 Posts: 4 Member
I've been using mfp as a tool and for motivation since March this year. My original journey started at Christmas 2011, but mfp has kept me going. I've never been much of a poster, just a reader. It's taken me a while to build up the courage post this before and nearly there picture. The pic on the left is the state I had let myself get into last year. It was also the turning point in my decision to lose weight and get fit. I reckon I was around 21 stone (294lb) in that pic. I just didn't see the damage I was doing. I'm still embarrassed by it. The pic on the right is me today. Not the best pic as my phone is terrible in low light but it gives you an idea of my progress. About 6.5 stone (91lb) lighter and a hell of a lot fitter. 57lbs of that while on mfp. Still got a bit to go but I haven't felt as good as this in bloody years. If I can do it anybody can! Eating healthy and exercise is all it takes. :) Thanks to all the posters on mfp for giving me the inspiration to keep going. :)

8244748807_9c77772b80.jpg

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You're looking fantastic! Well done. MFP is awesome!!!
  • USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Way to go... I started at 294 in Aug 2012 and you are my hero... please, tell us more of your story...
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You have done amazingly well and you should be extremely proud of yourself. 6.5 stones of hard work and dedication has sure paid off!
  • cobo72
    cobo72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I started dieting at the end of December 2011, but wasn't exercising much. The weight started dropping pretty quickly and then plateaued around March which is when I thought I'd try mfp on my android phone, not really expecting too much. How wrong was I. I gave up smoking and decided I was going to start walking as well as counting my calories with mfp. At first I was struggling to walk a mile without gasping for breath. Gradually things got easier. I installed Runkeeper on my phone and started competing with myself. Walking a bit further every day, trying to beat my times and distances.

By May this year I decided it was time to dust down the exercise bike and give it a go. I loved it. I started mixing the cycling and walking, which had a big effect on my inches lost. In June I bought myself a mountain bike and started hitting the trails with my brother in law. His encouragement has really spurred me on. I've done lung busting 30 mile cycles and never looked back.

I've not really done anything special, just kept at it mixing up the exercises. Just started doing weights to tone myself up in the last month, and thinking of doing some kettle bell classes. My plan is to get back to the weight I was when I was a competing athlete at the age of 21. I've had my off days like everyone else. Some days I don't exercise at all, but it seems to be working. :)

Col.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What a great difference, you look fit, strong, gorgeous. Well done on your weight loss, you should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the great work, maintain that new you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • allstarlolo
    Options
    Big change - you should be proud of yourself!!
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great! :)
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, huge difference! :D
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!