Hello All...I'm a NEWBIE...

Options
Hello all...today is my second day using myfitnessnesspal. I am looking for motivation and an occasional swift kick in the butt!! About a year and half ago I went from 260 to 185...well I've gained a LOT of my weight back and I can't seem to get my focus and drive back that I once had. So far I have learned within the past 2 days, I eat waaaaaayyyyy to many calories. Its good to actually SEE how many calories your really in-taking and all before NOON! If anyone can suggest some useful tips, I am ALL ears (and eyes of course)! I am looking forward to getting the MOST out of this site.

Thank you in advance & best of luck & congratulations to ALL!!

:happy:

Replies

• GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    Welcome! Ive sent a friend request. Ive been on my fitness pal for approx 10 days now and its an incredible experience since ive met some awesome, motivating pals and my completing the food diary it really holds you accountable!

Enjoy MFP. I usually post motivational, inspirational quotes once or more per day. Feel free to add me.

All the best,

Chrissy
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request now
  • superpoo
    superpoo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

Congratulations on making this bold decision to be healthier. MFP is an awesome and inspiring community for weight watchers. I'm one too. :wink:

As far as tips are concerned, I will tell you what I've been doing so far.

1. I divide my calories into 5 meals, so that my brain can understand I'm eating quite a bit. Two 300 cal meals and three 200 cal small meals/ snacks. Some odd days, I go a little above that (and it's mainly because I'm working on my thesis and I get immensely stressed. Thankfully, I'm at the *kitten* end of it).

2. I always include green tea in at least 2 meals and drink it with my food. It gives me a sense of fullness before I finish my meal. *been working pretty good*

3. I have weekly cheat days.

4. Lastly, I don't trust the scale anymore. I'm keeping track by my measurements. I think it's fool-proof and I can be happy that the hard work has paid off. :smile:

Try to have a positive outlook on the things you do. Never get discouraged in case you have no noticeable results in the first 2-3 weeks.

Good luck

p.s - Feel free to add me in case you want to see my diary or just chat. :smile:
  • frecklez69
    frecklez69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :wink: :wink: Thank you everyone for the friend request, information and motivation!! It really makes me feel good!!! I'M READY!!! :bigsmile:
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey!

You sound like me!
    Add me, I can use the support too, and I'm a very good motivator~
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey You can add me if you like. Good luck on your journey You can do it Positive thoughts your way Peace
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) I sent a friend request as well. Feel free to ask anything and I will help as much as I am able :)
  • Hello there,

Congratulations on making this bold decision to be healthier. MFP is an awesome and inspiring community for weight watchers. I'm one too. :wink:

As far as tips are concerned, I will tell you what I've been doing so far.

1. I divide my calories into 5 meals, so that my brain can understand I'm eating quite a bit. Two 300 cal meals and three 200 cal small meals/ snacks. Some odd days, I go a little above that (and it's mainly because I'm working on my thesis and I get immensely stressed. Thankfully, I'm at the *kitten* end of it).

2. I always include green tea in at least 2 meals and drink it with my food. It gives me a sense of fullness before I finish my meal. *been working pretty good*

3. I have weekly cheat days.

4. Lastly, I don't trust the scale anymore. I'm keeping track by my measurements. I think it's fool-proof and I can be happy that the hard work has paid off. :smile:

Try to have a positive outlook on the things you do. Never get discouraged in case you have no noticeable results in the first 2-3 weeks.

Good luck

p.s - Feel free to add me in case you want to see my diary or just chat. :smile:
    I like the green tea idea cheers :)