Motivation

Options
Hey,

I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone would support me on my 1200 calories a day diet (i'd have lower but ah well) and someone to help motivate me to exercise as I simply don't get enough!

Thank you :)

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    best advice i can give you is that youve got to motivate yourself! friends can only reinforce what you do and help you with ideas
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Probably not very many people here will motivate you to eat a 1200-calorie-a-day diet, it is not feasible in the long run. Set your calorie goals more realistically, and just get moving. Any type of exercise that you enjoy will be the best.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    1,200 a day diet probably isnt your best option.
  • AmyJade_mfp
    AmyJade_mfp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm just following the target my fitness pal put me on because i need to loose weight!
  • kaypat09
    Options
    Did you choose "lose 2 pounds a week" as your target? If so, MFP gives you an (in my opinion) unrealistic calorie goal. Set your goals with MFP using "lose 1 pound a week." Eat back at least some of your exercise calories and net your calorie goal.
  • Did you choose "lose 2 pounds a week" as your target? If so, MFP gives you an (in my opinion) unrealistic calorie goal. Set your goals with MFP using "lose 1 pound a week." Eat back at least some of your exercise calories and net your calorie goal.
    Hey kaypat09,
    Wha's your net calorie goal? I just started with MFP too and it gave me a 1200 goal so I may need to change this too.
  • kaypat09
    Options
    Did you choose "lose 2 pounds a week" as your target? If so, MFP gives you an (in my opinion) unrealistic calorie goal. Set your goals with MFP using "lose 1 pound a week." Eat back at least some of your exercise calories and net your calorie goal.
    Hey kaypat09,
    Wha's your net calorie goal? I just started with MFP too and it gave me a 1200 goal so I may need to change this too.

Your net calorie goal depends on your current weight, activity level, etc. Mine personally is 1580. To get that goal, I put in "lose one pound a week" and my activity level as "sedentary" (which it is, mostly, other than my workouts). I eat back enough of my workout calories to net AT LEAST 1200 per day, preferably net my daily goal.
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm at the 1200 goal, too. Some days I'm good with exercise, other days not so much. A lot depends on time and motivation. Friend request coming your way.:smile:
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    im not sure if u are a guy or a girl, for a girl 1200 is ok , for a guy it is a disaster, i eat 2000 calorie a day and im killing it and im still losing weight
  • Joanie919
    Options
    I'm at 1230 a day. Isn't always easy but make you think what you are going to eat. I can say I haven't been hungry yet!
    Sending you a friend request. We can do it!
  • AmyJade_mfp
    AmyJade_mfp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes we can!