Anyone doing turbo jam??

Options
I recently started doing turbo jam and i LOVE it! :) Its so fun! I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for how to gradually increase the difficulty level or maybe would know how many calories it burns? I'm 5'6 and 284 pounds. :) Thanks ! Hope to meet new people who love turbo jam too!

Replies

• meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine just lost 30lbs doing TurboJam. You can get a 90 day workout schedule at teambeachbody.com (the company that puts the workout out) - you should be able to access a few different ones through them.
    Or google TurboJam schedule - I just tried it and several pretty decent ones popped up.

Have fun! Those workouts are great :)
  • lindseygriffith27
    lindseygriffith27 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love love love turbo jam! I started with that program did really well and then moved up to turbo fire. If you need help or advice just let me know. I'll be glad to help!

You can increase intensity by adding weighted gloves. You can burn between 300-600 calories per workout. Depending on your body type and which turbojam workout your doing.
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I LOVE turbo jam!! keep with it!! I have a heart rate monitor, and I have worn it doing all the workouts. and than I have also seen what Myfitnesspal says I burn by inputting the minutes into "kickboxing, including turbo jam" on the exercises. And I found that it's pretty accurate. Just one thing...if your going to not use a heart rate monitor and just input the minutes in the exercise, don't count warm up and cool down. example, if the turbo jam is 45 mins long including 5 mins warm up and 5 mins cool down, than only input 35 mins exercised and it's within 20 calories accurate, which in my opinion is close enough if your trying to save money by not getting a heart rate monitor but still want a good way to know how much your burning.

the gloves are a good idea. you could also put on ankle weights or a weighted vest. Also, in some of the videos Chalene points out a man in the back, saying he does it "funky and wild" you could try watching him. I know he's hard to follow because the camera doesn't always stay on him

hope this helped!!!!!
  • InLaLaLand04
    InLaLaLand04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing TurboJam for about 2 weeks in addition to the 30 Day Shred. I love it! I have Turbo Fire but I felt I should do TJ first to get an idea of the moves and style. I am 5'3, 222lbs. Doing the Cardio Mix 1 I burned 400+ calories. It kicked my butt! With the 20 min workout I burned between 175-200 cals. I use a Polar FT4 HRM. I didn't purchase this from BeachBody so I do not have her gloves. I do have a some wrist weights from BeachBody that I will use when I feel more comfortable. I'm really enjoying the workout.
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started Turbo Jam this week... I am following the beginner schedule I found online. My first 2 days where the learn and burn so I'm not sure what to expect for the rest! After I finish the first 4 weeks of TJ I am going to start 30DS on Jan 2nd and then once I finish that I am going to go back to the TJ Advanced Schedule so that will give me 90 days of planned workouts thus far!!
  • awillis1388
    Options
    Im doing turbo jam, and i love it! so fun im currently on my last week of the beginners. i plan on going back and doing the advance. Then the turbo jam fat burning elite program. which is tons of cardio. i cant wait to see how this whips my body into shape after my last baby. Next month im thinking of throwing some shakeology in there as well!
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam. I,ve been doing it since October on and off, and now I do it 90 % of the time. It is great. It burns twice as many calories as most workouts. I just brought cardio party 2 and "punch,kick, jam" to alternate on bored days. I have lost nearly 15 pounds with it. I will never stop using it.
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Turbo Jam is awesome!!!!

I've just started, and am on day 7 of week 1 and am enjoying it a lot! I love the workout schedule, it is easy to follow, and the best thing is you are doing something different each day. The workouts are fun, and Charlene is very motivating. Def the best home workout video I've used.

Because I don't have a HR monitor, I use this website - http://fullyengagedmom.com/how-many-calories-burned-in-turbofire-hiits-and-chalean-extreme as a estimate. But would be good to know what others use as well.
  • dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have te turbo jam dvds and have tried them maybe twice.. My knees always end up hurting way bad half way thru the workout :( But i love her energy and wish i could do them without hurting.
  • cetsumi
    Options
    I just started doing it the last 2 weeks and I lost 10 pounds! I LOVE chalene and I love her work outs so I decided to get turbo fire as well. I havent started it yet but I'm SO excited to get to that level of fitness! Its so funn!! Add me and we can rave about how much we love turbo jam together <3:) So excited to post results and see everyone else's results! I'm thinking of trying shakeology as well.