Favorite Low Cal Snack!

Options

Replies

• Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Why are Wheat Thins so horrible? I just studied the nutritional info. . . decent fiber, not too high in sodium. There are lots worse things.

That's what I think! Most everything is "bad" for you in some way! Starting to think people make this stuff up!

It could be based on the "Eating Clean" which basically they are soooo processed and the carbs are not "good" carbs, pretty high if you are trying to stay in a certain range. Crackers in general are not "good" per-say, a go to crunchy snack should be like your rice cakes *which you can dress up!! or crunchy veggies.
  • spikethat
    Options
    100 calorie individual packs - chocolate covered pretzels, mini chocolate chip cookies...
    Also, really like to dip pretzels in marshmellow cream....helps satisfy my sweet tooth, without a lot of calories!:happy:

Anything chocolate covered and I'm in!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    1) kale chips
    2) sliced zucchini w/homemade guacamole (avocado, scallions, cilantro, tomato, lime)
    3) Homemade popcorn made w/olive oil & topped w/nutritional yeast
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommatimes4
    mommatimes4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    just curious what Greek yogurt is .... Is it anything similiar to Yoplait yogurt? I like yogurt, but haven't had Greek yogurt...
  • Capslocke
    Options
    sugar free chocolate pudding (60 cal) and Jello (10 cal) for me :)
  • Lincolnlady217
    Lincolnlady217 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1 cup of red seedless grapes
    100 g of Source no fat lemon meringue yogurt with 6 raspberries, 2 oz of PC granola
    Walnuts (6 whole) and 1 oz Craisins
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Air popped - popcorn

cut up fresh veggies

hard boiled eggs
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    just curious what Greek yogurt is .... Is it anything similiar to Yoplait yogurt? I like yogurt, but haven't had Greek yogurt...
    [/quote

It's regular yogurt that has been drained of whey so it's thicker and has more protein per volume. They have lots of brands in the grocery stores these days. I have to watch the sugar content so I go with plain and mix a little fruit in.
  • jentyler08
    Options
    baked lay chips- i don't buy very often cuz they are too good and i tend to eat too many!
    light string cheese- often have 2 pieces for breakfast with a banana or apple
    almonds- higher calories but still a good for you snack!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Iogo Yogurt
    I add a touch of splenda
    Frozen Raspberries

Could eat this all day every day!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

Its usually thicker ..and if im correct it usually has less sugar than other flavors of yogurts, Although i only buy natural unsweetened greek. i Use it for things like mayo or a tiny bit mixed with lemon salt and pepper and put on cubed cucumber!
  • TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    I second the jello notion, I can have 2 pints of Sugar free jelly for only 30 something calories, absolutely incredible!
  • dorlincecum
    dorlincecum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes soy yogurt and frozen blueberries
    Carrots and lite ranch dressing
    Rice cakes and anything
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Clementines!
  • HaleyJoAnn
    Options
    Sensible portions - apple straws -- 1 serving is 38 pieces for 130 calories!!
    Sensible portions - veggie straws -- 1 serving is 38 pieces for 130 calories!!
    Popcorn

THESE ARE MY FAVORITE!!!
  • mkoford
    Options
    Hard boiled egg whites stuffed with eggplant hummus! And I mean really stuffed.
  • mommatimes4
    Options

Its usually thicker ..and if im correct it usually has less sugar than other flavors of yogurts, Although i only buy natural unsweetened greek. i Use it for things like mayo or a tiny bit mixed with lemon salt and pepper and put on cubed cucumber!
  • mommatimes4
    Options

Interesting! Thanks!
  • mommatimes4
    Options
    [/quote

It's regular yogurt that has been drained of whey so it's thicker and has more protein per volume. They have lots of brands in the grocery stores these days. I have to watch the sugar content so I go with plain and mix a little fruit in.

Thanks for the info....may have to try some!