All you gluten free people! What do you eat for lunch?

What do you guys eat for lunch? I feel like all I ever eat is salad and yogurt lol. Looking for quick and healthy lunch options to spice things up a bit. Thanks!

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    My diary is open if you want. I eat salads a lot but also have sandwiches, pizza, all kinds of things
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Lots of salads
    Rice crackers with Tuna & mayo
    Leftovers
    Veggie omelets
    Soup
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    I generally will bring some meat I've cut up (grass fed beef, pork or chicken), some veggies, a paleo pumpkin pie (I make this from scratch, with a nut crust- not very sweet, so awesome!) or fruit. Or salad with meat. I always have protein of some sort though. I only bring yogurt if I've forgotten to go grocery shopping. :D
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    oh, and Eggs of the Devil (lol- devilied eggs) are my favorite.
  • Soup! Yum! Turkey Gumbo with okra & rice, Thick Veggie Soup with glazed veggies, Chicken sauteed with Artichokes and mushrooms on rice or potato, salisbury steak patties with gravy on mashed potatoes and cauliflower. I cook one good meal on the weekend to take to work the rest of the week. Sushi! gluten free wraps make good sandwich holders so I can have roastbeef & turkey and avocado. I am gluten free and dairy free, and finding my health is coming back. Now it is time to get my portions under control.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Right now - baked chicken and sweet potato fries with homemade salsa. ^.^
  • Bump
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Today iv got:

1/2 medium Sweet Potato
    1/2 cup brown rice
    1 cup of roasted chicken breast
    1 cup of broccoli
    With some herbs and eat it like a warm salad

:heart: sweet potato
  • While I eat a lot of salads topped with protein, I make roll ups using Whole Foods' Spinach gluten free tortillas. I just let my imagination go wild with what goes into them. In the winter I make a thick soup and carry it in a thermos or heat it up if there is a microwave wherever I'm going. There are lots of gluten free breads out there. My favorite for sandwiches is Whole Food's tomato (and basil?). I don't buy much at WF since it is so expensive, but every month I stock up on their GF breads. Try their cinnamon bread for breakfast.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    tacos.

lots of mexican food, in bowls.

today I made "frito pie" with a frito 100 calorie pack topped with some beans and chile
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Rice cakes, laughing cow cheese, turkey, fruit, carrots...
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    - hard boiled eggs and veggies
    - smoked salmon, veggies, and nuts
    - apple and peanut butter
    - beans and salsa
    - quinoa boiled in milk with banana and blueberries
    - acorn squash stuffed with rice and nuts

I tend to make extras at dinner (the squash, for example, or portobello mushrooms stuffed with tomatoes and goat cheese) and take the extra for lunch. Otherwise, I eat some of the first things on my list. You can take a look at my diary if you like, I'm not strictly gluten-free though. :)
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Today was half a rotisserie chicken and an unsweetened iced tea. Sometimes a salad. Another idea is tuna salad in a hollowed out tomato. I have a shop near my work that makes buffalo chicken salad and I will get a container of that and drink a half bottle of Kombucha with it.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    I bought a tiny lunch Crockpot at Wally World and I fill it with food and plug it into the wall at my workplace. By lunchtime my food is hot and ready to be eaten. :)

Monica
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    My diary is open too; but sometimes I end up eating a piece of bread b/c I was at a restaurant or the grocery was out of my gf bread.

I have salad a lot b/c I like to have raw veg, but I also have a vegetarian burger on one slice of gf bread or maybe an open faced sandwich on gf bread; I also make soups like butternut squash, turkey chili, black bean soup and will have that with a side salad and skip the bread.

Since right before Thanksgiving I've been pretty bad; it stinks when our grocery doesn't have the gf bread. :frown: I ordered some from Julian bakery but it was so dry I nearly choked to death; so that didn't work out.
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    a protein, a vegi, and a fruit... a slightly different version of a paleo diet. I am not only gf but also corn, rice, egg, and dairy free... However, due to these allergies and my change in diet, I have lost a total of 55lbs... the last 25 here on mfp in 7 months.
  • Fit4LifeNow65
    Fit4LifeNow65 Posts: 14 Member
    I typically have an Isagenix shake (the packets are really handy for work) or a Isagenix bar but occasionally a salad with chicken or an Amy's Natural GF frozen meal. Lunch is typically a utilitarian affair for me - the shakes are my favorite because they are very filling and I can handle conference calls and other things while eating without any mess or fuss.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    thanks everyone! all wonderful ideas!
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    When I could eat corn -- Mexican food. Anything with corn totillas. Now, salad, salad, and more salad, but I love salad :) I also like sushi now and then. If I'm busy I might just eat a cliff bar and an apple or something.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    I am absolutely all about hummus and veggies right now.
    Other than that, I usually eat a small portion of left overs from the night before. I know not exactly exciting, but it feeds me. :)