17 day diet - 10 days instead? Success stories?

Options
I'm going to start the 17 day diet but I'm very nervous. I've seen too many people lose a ton of weight on Atkins and as soon as they ate a piece of bread, they put it all back on and more. I would like to lose around 10 lbs. The book says if you lose your weight after cycle 1 to jump into cycle 4 but I'd rather do each phase and ease into the carbs gradually. It seems safer and a better way to keep the weight off. Has anybody tried doing the diet this way?

Also, has anybody gone through the cycles and kept the weight off?

Thanks,
Melissa

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Why don't you do it the proper way...Clean eatin' & exercise...Fad diets don't usually last long - after once it's finished...but best wishes to whatever you do...! :wink:
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi
    try reading this thread might give you some information as alot of the people on here have had success. I am also about to start the 17 day diet in a few days and have also been reading some people success storys.
    Just my opinion i think its best to do all cycles then you are slowly reintroducing food and it shouldn't be a total shock to your body meaning less likely to put on weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/212308-the-17-day-diet
  • Midcoast_Mermaid
    Options
    I'm doing the 17 day diet....Its not a fad diet....I'm on day 13 and I have had a few slip ups, but I have still lost about 8lbs so far. My mom is on the 4th cycle now and has lost about 20lbs! (which was her goal).

Definitely go to the link Chantel posted and I've reposted...a lot of great people are on this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/212308-the-17-day-diet

GOOD LUCK!
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Some people start at cycle 2 and include healthy starches right away. I am cycle 1, day 9 and I've lost 7 pounds so far! I feel energized and motivated! Day 1 was awful - nausea and a headache. After that I felt amazing!
  • lifeISgood777
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I'm going to head to the grocery store tomorrow and get started on Tuesday. I'm just going to start with Cycle 1 and see how it goes.
  • lifeISgood777
    Options
    I'm on C1D3 and doing well. I want to keep my calories at least 1600-1800 so I don't go into starvation mode but I feel so full. Anybody know of good way to get more calories in? Are protein shakes/supplements allowed?
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ^^
    Eat more protein (if you aren't already full) to get more calories. Since lots of protein is allowed this shouldn't be a problem at all. I'm not sure if protein shakes/supplements are allowed on the diet but I've heard of some people using them to bump up their calorie intake.
  • bellybeans
    Options
    I started the 17DD 5 days ago on a Tuesday. I lost 1lb. a day without much exercise, jsut walked my dog. Today I did a 1 hour firness step class with weights. I had so much energy I was surprised. I started at 140 and now I am 135 only 5 days later.
    Things I did that stuck to the diet:
    3 cups green tea a day
    2 probiotic foods ( kefir and yogurt)
    2 servings of fruit ( before 2pm)
    vegetarian soy products as meat replacements ( I am a vegetarian)
    eggs and eggwhites
    raw veggies
    tried some great recipes from the sit loved them all
    THINGS I DID THAT ARE NOT RECOMMENDED
    half and half creamer in my coffee
    regular soy sauce instead of the lite sodium ( didnt want to buy another bottel of soy sauce)
    msio sopu full sodium ( couldnt find the low sodium one)
    so far I am loving this diet. First two days were brutal! Now I am good . I miss peanut butter, nuts, olives and avocados!!! :(
  • Aaventures
    Options
    Hi, just thought I would share. I did the 17 day coming up to 2 years ago this March. I lost 30lbs and have kept it off. The key is this is learning to eat better & exercise for life, if you view this as a diet, you will gain your weight back shortly after you are finished. Follow his directions on maintenance and you will succeed.
  • missywill1
    Options
    Thanks for the post, I am 9 days in and have lost 8 pounds. I feel great and am really changing the way I look at food!