Really Cool NSV

Options
I was at work today, and one of my female coworkers (who knows I am trying to lose weight) told me that she can definately tell that I have lose weight. Not only that, she said it has inspired her to try to lose weight, because if I can do it, she can too. I was pretty shocked by this, and didn't know how to respond. (I actually asked her if she was being serious or sarcastic lol) but then I thanked her, and it definately made my day. It is pretty cool to think that my decision to live a healthier lifestyle is having a positive impact on those around me :)

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    That is great. Does she know about MFP?
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss and on hers!! I've been in similar situations and part of you isn't sure whether you can believe them or not! You're getting healthy...and that is important.
  • smousley
    Options
    That is great. Does she know about MFP?

I am pretty sure I have mentioned mfp in conversation since it is the only method I am using to lose the weight, but I didn't have a specific discussion with her about it. If it comes up again though, I am definately going to recommend it to her.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I was at work today, and one of my female coworkers (who knows I am trying to lose weight) told me that she can definately tell that I have lose weight. Not only that, she said it has inspired her to try to lose weight, because if I can do it, she can too. I was pretty shocked by this, and didn't know how to respond. (I actually asked her if she was being serious or sarcastic lol) but then I thanked her, and it definately made my day. It is pretty cool to think that my decision to live a healthier lifestyle is having a positive impact on those around me :)

That's awesome! :) I think inspiring people to try and get healthier too without telling them anything, or nagging them, etc. is great! Also, yay for her noticing you lost weight :D
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I've had a couple friends tell me that I've inspired them to eat healthier and exercise more and it really is the best feeling in the world to know you inspired someone. Congrats on your loss too! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!