Always starving late in the afternoon

Options
2»

Replies

• iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i drink decaf, have a couple sticks of gum, and maybe a few crackers or nuts before my pre-dinner workout.

give it enough time, and your body gets used to it.

however, delay my dinner, and i turn into a pumpkin pretty quickly. i'm institutionalized when it comes to meal times.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I also have the afternoon munchies. They only thing that works for me is 1 gallon of water every day, half my body weight in protein, and 30 grams of fiber every day. It keeps you full longer and the protein keeps you from crashing.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    You need to eat more!! Try looking at the group Eat More to Weigh Less. I'm 5'3 and 133lbs eating 1700 a day. I would be starving too off of 900-1300 calories.

This ^ I am 5'5 169 lbs and eating 1700-1900 to LOSE weight at a rate of .5-1 lb per week with a moderate activity level. I am not perfect, but I eat pretty clean and eating this LITTLE is hard enough!
  • jhassan1980
    jhassan1980 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a large amount of protein at lunch.. Soups mostly because they're easy.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Breakfast & lunch are under usually about 200-400 calories and dinner is about 550.

Micros aren't great.. Depends on the day.

Maybe I need to eat more at lunch?
    Sounds like you do. Or breakfast. No matter what any generic online calculator tells you, your body will send you the most precise signals. It sounds like your body is sending you the signals to eat more. Try adding an extra piece of fruit for breakfast, and maybe add a small salad with your lunch. Those wont add too many calories, but they will add plenty of fiber, water and micro-nutrients. If you are still hungry in the afternoon, add a little more each day until you find the right amount.
  • zuzumom
    Options
    I was totally like you too. What worked for me was eating less during the day and saving my calories for later like someone else suggested. Different things work for different people.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    You need to eat more!! Try looking at the group Eat More to Weigh Less. I'm 5'3 and 133lbs eating 1700 a day. I would be starving too off of 900-1300 calories.

this.