Really thinking of trying to walk 26.2 miles this Saturday..

Options
Just what the title says, I'm thinking of just going out on the 6 mile trail I usually do and repeating it until I hit 26.2 miles.

I haven't done anything crazy in awhile, it seems about time to try something nuts just to see what I can do. Most I've walked in a day is around 6 miles, but I feel fine at that point. So, I dunno, seems like it could be a fun challenge.

Anything I should keep in mind while attempting this? I think I'll lightly snack throughout, drink a moderate amount of water. Anything I'm missing?

Replies

• Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thats sounds like great fun girl! And you will feel on top of the world when you are done! Until the next day maybe.... but still :drinker:
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Go for it! If it wasn't going to snow here this weekend, I might do it, too!
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow, that brings back the memories. My brother and I tried this when we were in middle school.
    We did pretty well until just near then end. And the next day, well that was another story althogether!
    I was so sore that I could hardly walk. To top it off, Monday was PE day at school and I could not
    participate in the class. I'm sure the teacher thought it was a lame excuse (pun intended!) that
    I couldn't exercise because I had exercised too much on the weekend, but that is exactly what
    happened. So, I would say protect your knees-because they will let you know about it the next
    day. Have a walking partner, too. Talking makes the time go by more easily. Go for it!
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge! If I were doing it then I'd pack an extra pair of socks and a second pair of shoes. Swap them out 1/2 through - just to give my feet a break and avoid blisters.
    Oh, and get an early start on it - this will probably be a long day!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I would say, make sure there are bathrooms along your route..lol :)
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Make sure someone knows where your at, try to check in periodically. You can do it, it sounds like a great challenge. Though doing a loop might get boring. Any chance you could get someone to drop you off 26.2 miles from your car and walk back to it? Though doing it that way will make it harder to bail out if you need to.

Food, water, good socks and shoes. A whistle, a flashlight, firestarter. Appropriate clothing for the weather or changes in weather. I guess that could be an advantage to a loop. If you keep coming back to your car you wouldn't have to carry as much food and water.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I love the challenge your giving yourself. If you set your mind to it you can do it. I would for sure be able to drink plenty of water and have bathroom stops. Maybe, bring a camera to take pictures along the way. Or even a book so if you need to stop and rest that you can get a little reading in if you enjoy that. Please post back and let us all know if you made it.
  • Whitebone
    Whitebone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Do what you can and if you can't finish it's ok! You tried! Don't push too hard and get sick. Enjoy the day and the people your with! When your body says stop push a little more but don't over do!

Good luck
    Hope
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support guys! I'm going to have to wait one more weekend, supposed to have rain almost all day Saturday, so my fun will have to wait one more week. I'll post back and let you know how it goes. :)