Disordered Eating

Options
I have struggled with bulimia for over 15 years and this tool has been really helpful for my recovery. It is amazing how I can stay on track and still have indulgences that typically trigger a binge. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself with respect to my eating. It is a bit controlling but not over the top and lets me enjoy "forbidden" foods without guilt or the feeling that I have lost control. I will stick with this not to lose weight, but to keep my sanity with respect to eating. I will attribute this tool to helping me battle bulimia. It is great that I can access the website anywhere and monitor what I eat in a way that is not obsessive and healthy. I encourage anyone else who has an eating disorder to consider trying this tool to regulate their eating and exercise and gain the confidence that they are practicing "normalized eating."

Replies

• macymu
    Options
    I have struggled with bulimia for over 15 years and this tool has been really helpful for my recovery. It is amazing how I can stay on track and still have indulgences that typically trigger a binge. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself with respect to my eating. It is a bit controlling but not over the top and lets me enjoy "forbidden" foods without guilt or the feeling that I have lost control. I will stick with this not to lose weight, but to keep my sanity with respect to eating. I will attribute this tool to helping me battle bulimia. It is great that I can access the website anywhere and monitor what I eat in a way that is not obsessive and healthy. I encourage anyone else who has an eating disorder to consider trying this tool to regulate their eating and exercise and gain the confidence that they are practicing "normalized eating."
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Wishing you the best.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I'm glad to hear this is helping you. Welcmoe to the site!
  • Irishlas
    Options
    Hey Macymu!!!

I have been struggling with Anorexia since I was 12 and have really searched for something that could help me through my body image problems and eating habits and I find that this is something i can use to work through my disorder!!!! Its so nice to see someone else using this to help get themselves back into a healthy lifestyle!!! Good for you and keep up the great work!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,975 Member
    Options

macymu,

I've been on this site since August, and your post is one of the most powerful things I've read here, and I just wish I could reach out and ((((hug)))) ((((you)))) ! I think I'll go to bed on this GREAT note! Thanks for posting it .

ooooo, I can "smooch" with the little emoticons.........:smooched:

:heart: Cheryl
  • macymu
    Options
    Cheryl,

Thank you for the encouragement. I am on day 43 of normalized eating and feel amazing. Do you struggle with an eating disorder?

MM
  • peggy
    peggy Posts: 25
    Options
    Good for you.! I wish you the best and hope you overcome your problem! OH and congratulations on your positive attitude, keep up the good work!
  • lisaclaire780
    Options
    um... hi!... I was diagnosed as having EDNOS as a teen, among other things, and my eating habits have *never* been healthy... I'm hoping that, by tracking, I'll be better able to monitor my calorie intake/output so that I can actually gain some weight, and maybe get my cardiovascular system back in shape...
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    macymu, I just want to wish you luck, and welcome aboard.:happy:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Cheryl,

Thank you for the encouragement. I am on day 43 of normalized eating and feel amazing. Do you struggle with an eating disorder?

MM

Not an eating disorder, but obssessive compulsive disorder. I am well-medicated, though - and function very well. The exercise and healthy diet are just making me that much better. I wish I had been diagnosed decades earlier, though. (I'm 53). We are ready when we are ready.

Stick with this MM. I am so :happy: for you. We often don't realize how awful we feel until we feel GOOD.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    From "The Prophet" by KAHLIL GIBRAN, IN 1923

Then a woman said, Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow.
    And he answered:
    Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
    Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
    And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
    When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
    When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
    Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay sorrow is the greater."
    But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
    Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

end QUOTE

cmriverside
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thank you Cheryl for your quote. It's exactly what I needed today. You made me cry, you bum, lol.
    Hugs :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Red,

Hi, honey. I usually cry when I am confronted with love and grace. I don't have tears for pain so much. So the quote is very meaningful to me, as well.

Your heart will respond to love more deeply because of your loss.

oxoxoxo to you.

:heart: Cheryl