Isn't MFP the Best EVER?!!!

Options
Hi,
My name is Rachel. I'm 30 year old and 5ft 11.
I've never been one for exercise and, frankly, love good food (!) so it never really occurred to me just how big I was. I finally realised and the switch was flipped. I saw the MFP App and decided to give it a go.
I began using it from 31/05/12, with a target to lose 197lb (11 stone 4lb)!
During the 158 days I've been using MFP, I've lost 72lb (5 stone 2lb - 0.45lb per day ave.).
I still have 125lb (8 stone 13lb) to lose but I feel better and more positive about myself. My health is increasing too (various issues!) and it even inspired me to join a gym (joined in September).
MFP was the best thing to happen to my life and I really hope it helps you all as much as it's helped me.
Good luck to all and hope your lives all change for the better too.
:o)
xxx
P.S. Feel free to add me :o)

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! I have lost a lot of weight being here and with the aid of my doctor (whom I no longer need because I use MFP and is working very well!)

You have lost a lot of weight. You should feel proud of yourself! And if you want to add me for some extra motivation, feel free!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I agree! I was blown away with this site when I found it. Never seen another like it so far. Lots of very supportive people all wanting to get fit and healthy. It's awesome!!! Well done to you that is incredible!
  • RLS1982
    Options
    Thank you.
    I've added you Kellehbeans.
    You're doing really well as well MockChoc
    x
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think the app is awesome, it really helps me be accountable and understand what I'm eating, not just calories but now I'm using the gym more the levels of protein and carbs I'm getting. Also amazed by some of the awesomely motivational stories and weight loss like yours, you've done amazingly so keep up the great work ;-)
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love this site and I love the apps that they've added... yey MFP!
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I've been using this site for over a year now and I dont see me not using it anytime soon... it is fantastic and i tell everyone i know about it when they ask what I've done to lose weight lol

Great work on the weight lost already and your health improving :) it will only get better from here
  • GoalByFifty
    GoalByFifty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Definitely I don't know where my life would be without it – friends are welcome, have a great holiday and keep up the good work!

Eric
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    it is a great site! i used another for a short time a few yrs ago and it wasn't the same. I talked a few family members into joining but they have almost all dropped off the radar here. Bummer. Oh well, I am still determined and don't want to be unhealthy like my older siblings. I am choosing to change my future drastically. :) gl.
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    That's an AMAZING loss!
    I agree, MFP has been fab for helping me lose the 46lbs I've lost so far... just the next 40 or so that I'm struggling with!

Well done on your progress :D
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :drinker: Thats an amazing amount of weight for the time you've been here! It shows true dedication on your part, and to start it at your age just means you'll stay fit for the rest of your longer life:happy:

I'm addicted, not only to tracking, but to supporting my MFP friends. My goal is to not miss a day so that my log in number keeps growing :bigsmile:

If you're still looking for friends, be happy to oblige, if you're filling up, no hurt feelings:wink:
  • ampajoe
    Options
    I love it! Only just started using it but wow impressed so far :)
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love, love MFP, too! I joined in September and it's become addictive to me (I'm on it more than Facebook, lol). You are doing so great on your program...keep it up! Feel free to add me, anyone:)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    No, it's not the best EVER! Everything has it's faults. Some sites have things that are better than MFP, MFP has some things better than others. It's a good, happy medium.
  • RLS1982
    Options
    Thank you all for the weight loss comments and for sharing your stories.
    The majority love MFP as it works for them, as it did me.
    All of you can add me if you like. One can never have too much encouragement and I hope I can provide the same in return.
    xx