Jamie's Italian (UK) Calories?

Options
I have my office Christmas dinner tonight at Jamie's Italian and it looks like it's going to be diet blowout.

Has anyone worked out the calories for any of the meals at Jamie's Italian?

Despite Jamie Oliver's big drive for healthy eating, his meals tend to be soaked in oil and salt! I remember reading somewhere that he was going to put the calories on his restaurant menu, but I doubt that has happened.

If you happen to have the calories for the sea bass and chocolate torte saved privately - I'd greatly appreciate if you'd be so kind as to message them to me

Replies

• DeniMarie123
    DeniMarie123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the one in York for our Xmas party.. hope it's nice :) I am trying the Butternut Squash roast.

I found the menu to be quite boring considering alll the fantastic stuff he makes on the TV. Was a bit dissapointed really. But I am sure it will still be good.

Hope you have a good time, not something you do every night and you can take it easy the next day :smile:
  • Nesa76
    Nesa76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree on the menu choices, they do seem plain compared to Jamie's TV cooking.

I've only eaten once at a Jamie's Italian and I wasn't overly impressed to be honest - the fish in a bag dish I had was as salty as the salt cod I had in Lisbon & the potato fries arrived to the table straight out of the fryer and I scolded my mouth on the first bite.

I do remember liking the plank starter though.

Anyways, I hope we both enjoy our Christmas parties!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Choose an option you know must be cooked to order and ask them to cook your meal with less oil.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Don't know the calories but I ate there recently and really enjoyed it.

I was surprised that you found the menu choice boring unless you are talking in terms of the lower fat options. I love the choice of pasta and there's loads of stuff I'd happily eat....in fact this thread has made me want to go again!!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have found a load of Jamie Oliver's foods under : Food tab at top then data base then put in Jamie Oliver - Hope it helps xxx
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You're only eating one meal there. Get whatever you want and don't put too much energy into figuring out the calories for something you won't be eating again any time soon.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I had a great experience at jamie's italian- i'm vegan and as you may have noticed there isn't a single vegan option on the menu- but i asked the waitress and the chef came out and chatted about what i like, and he made me this beautiful aubergine dish! maybe you could mention your concerns and hopefully they'll be as helpful and kind :)