Is it alright to do this?

Options
After my morning excercises and activities, I want to just keep going. I've already been told I'm overdoing it, but I think this newfound energy makes me feel like I HAVE to be doing something else. Is it alright to veg in the early afternoons, or I should I be finding something productive to do with the rest of this energy?

I feel guilty when I sit down. -_-

Replies

• Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    Options
    I would say it depends on how many calories you're burning. If you're doing a moderate workout, I would think that another one later would be okay. If you're burning 500 to 1000 calories in your workout, I'd call it a day at that.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    If I burned 1000 calories, I'd never meet my calorie intake quota for the day. Haha! I'd say I burn around 400 total calories per day, though yesterday was a bit more. Today was supposed to be my recuperation day. :(
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I would make an effort to channel that new found energy into worthwhile projects... home improvement, a hobby, chase some kids around... ;)
  • rocktinkerbell
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. It feels lazy to sit down for any amount of time. It is OK to let your muscles heal after a lot of work, so take that time for you. You've EARNED it!
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Indeed. I am always chasing my kids around. As is, I have my laptop sitting on the bar, and I am 'drive-by posting'. The house is spotless, and I'm at a loss. Thinking about trying to sit down at my drawing desk awhile.
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    Balance. Try yoga geared toward flexibility rather than calorie burn or strength building. And meditation. These are for overall health and wellness rather than weight loss but can give you that feeling you are "doing".
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a pedicure :happy: