5 Foot 3 Ladies

Options
Hi, I'm Emma. I'm 5 foot 3!

I started off at a little over 200 pounds. I've managed to get it done now to just under 140 pounds and I've hit my initial goal of being in a healthy bmi weight range.

Now I'm here I've readjusted my goal weight to 120 pounds because I'm still not happy with how I look. I'd love to have some friends on here of a similar height, with similar goals to motivate and support each other.

Feel free to add me or reply and I'll add you!

Replies

• sydneymatz
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sydney, and I'm 5'3, a shortie :) but, I started my journey my highest weight 152, and ten pounds later- voila! I'm at 142, but I feel like I have been living in this weight for too long. My goal is to be at 120lbs, to feel amazing in a bikini, and be at 135 to kick off my new year with positivity. I know you have succeeded in losing much more weight than me, and for that I cheer you on! I think you are so strong to be able to do that, and hope I can maybe help you finish the final stretch. Let me know -sydney
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma!

My name is Karan. My "profile" is similar to yours! 5'3" - my highest is 17x (a nightmare I deliberately tried not to remember) it took me many years to go down to 140. but then I literally stuck there for a loooong time.... I recently joined MFP, and started to vigorously log my food & got great motivations from the people here to exercise. I am currently around 132 - and my goal weight is same as yours at 120.

So nice to meet you & I would like to add you as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • StarTrekkinDelta
    StarTrekkinDelta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello, Emma! I am also 5'3 and my goal is also 120(:
  • oukils
    oukils Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and over 200lbs. It seems crazy to think that I have 100 pounds to lose. I remember being 18 years old and 110 pounds. I want to be at a healthy weight again. Might not be 110 pounds but my goal is to be in the healthy bmi
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    5'2" goal is 120 as well. but I guess it really depends on what I looke like when I get there. The last time I was 120lbs I still looked a little heavy but I was also skinny fat. I don't want to be skinny fat this time. I want to be skinny fit. So I may look great this time around this time.

Feel free to add me.
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello!.. im Christina, 5"3 and just over 200lbs. Im really encouraged by your similarity to me, and id love to find out what youve done to lose those 66lbs.
  • chaosrocks
    Options
    Wow that incredible to hear! As long as you're in a healthy BMI you've succeded :)
    Good luck with your second goal!
  • raesma
    Options
    Close. I'm 5'2" and soooo tired of people saying, "You look fine." I'm at 138 (down from 142) and tired of it. I gave birth to my first child at 142!! Let's do this, little ladies!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'3" and my starting weight was 214.5lbs in July 2011. I initially set my goal weight at 139.5 lbs. in one year for an even 75lbs. weight loss and fall within the healthy BMI range, but as you can see from my ticker, I didn't stop once I reached it in July 2012. I've re-adjusted my goal weight to 125lbs and I only have 2 lbs. left to go!! According to the 'Ideal Weight' chart, my ideal weight is 122 lbs. so I may make that my New Year's resolution.
  • esballet
    esballet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and my name is Emma too! Feel free to add me:)
  • engen201023
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and I started at 157 and have a goal of 120-115. Right now I'm at 137 and still going strong. I'm having the biggest issue with friends not supporting my weight loss. They are trying to get me to eat unhealthy with them and these are girls who weigh 110 pounds. It's hard and I could use some support from people who understand.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,901 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'3" and my starting weight was 214.5lbs in July 2011. I initially set my goal weight at 139.5 lbs. in one year for an even 75lbs. weight loss and fall within the healthy BMI range, but as you can see from my ticker, I didn't stop once I reached it in July 2012. I've re-adjusted my goal weight to 125lbs and I only have 2 lbs. left to go!! According to the 'Ideal Weight' chart, my ideal weight is 122 lbs. so I may make that my New Year's resolution.

wow - congrats to you! I am 5'2" so I have a goal less than yours but you are AWESOME!!!
  • 135OHK
    135OHK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I'm 5'2" and I've been all over the scale. Right now I'm trying to break through the '200' mark. I had lost 38 pounds and then when I got to 200 I think I freaked out and put some weight back on. With the new year, I want to get myself in gear again and lose my weight. I'm older (66) so my goal is 135 - 140. I know when I was younger and worked out everyday that 118 was perfect for me. If I went down lower I looked emaciated because I am also tiny boned. I did get to a size 'O' but that was way too thin for me. I think women look better if they are healthy and thin....not anorexic and thin.

You look pretty healthy and it seems you are doing things the right way. Just keep eating healthy food and exercising (but not too much), you're body will get to a good weight for you and stay there.
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma! I'm 5' 3" too and my first goal weight is 140. Once I hit 140 lbs, I will do an assessment on how I feel and look and decide if I want to lose more weight at that time. Feel free to add me! :)
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 ,..193,...and my goal is to get to 150,...and then see how I feel....and go from there...,I'm eatting right ,..and walking or dancing 30mins /day...feel free to add me!
  • photoloco
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 1 :( currently weigh 129. Feel free to add me
  • shakira444
    Options
    i'm 5'3 and 111 pounds. I feel pretty good and I might lose a little more but I've pretty much hit my ideal weight.
  • rintin88
    rintin88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss so far! I'm also 5'3" and currently weigh 139, my heaviest was around 150. My ultimate goal is 120 as well, hopefully will hit it before I go to Hawaii in June! Add me if you'd like :-)
  • neesha1024
    neesha1024 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My name is Jen and I'm a little shorter than 5 feet tall! I just hit my all time high of 199lbs last week. I would love to make friends and support each other on this journey.
  • 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Jen. I'm 5'3" too. My highest weight was about 235. Several years ago, I lost about 60 lbs and maintained pretty well but never hit my goal weight. 2 years ago I joined MFP and started consistently losing weight and got down to 159 (my lowest adult weight ever!). Over the last year, I've gained 20 lbs though and to be honest I feel awful! I'm still watching what I eat and trying to exercise but something isn't quite right. I'm desperately trying to get back on track so I can finally hit my goal weight of 140 (and then reassess).