PLEASE HELP, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO EAT

Options
Hi guys!
So I just got a job and am on my feet more, which means i have to consume more calories so my metabolism won't slow down. I am about 200 short today, plus I'm still going to the gym. I always accidently go over on sugar. Is this a problem? It seems everything has sugar in it!! To keep the numbers low on MFP, i have stopped eating as much fruit and now the majority of my sugar is coming from luna bars in the morning... this doesn't seem right.

Anyway, I have to consume more calories today. I thought about maybe having some carrots, but those also have sugar! I am scared that eating too much sugar will ruin my efforts to lose the last ten pounds.

Any suggestions on what I can snack on to get enough calories and stay satisfied without adding too many sugars, fats, or carbs?
Please check out my food diary and add me as a friend!
xo

Replies

• sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Calories are what I monitor the most and try to eat foods containing more nutrition. A small candy bar and a large apple may have the same calories, but I'll satisfy my hunger longer and get more nutrition from the apple. However, I may choose the candy bar if I really want it on occasion, as long as I don't go over my calories. I always go over on protien as eating more protien keeps me feeling fuller longer and helps with maintaining muscle, such as Greek yogurt or peanutbutter (in moderation). If you are diabetic then having more carbohydrates/sugar would not be wise, though. Good luck to you and enjoy the foods you eat!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't make you fat, fat doesn't make you fat, carbs don't make you fat. Eating too much makes you fat. Eat what you need to eat in healthy food. No one has become obese eating carrots.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    nuts are a great snack. They are high in protein sp even though a small portion can be 200 calories, they fill you up more.
    Plus they have mots of other health benefits. oils and such.

I get this trail mix that had some seeds, nuts and dried fruits in it.

I also like to snack on cheese, same deal.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Eat more of the foods your eating now that aren't sugar, carbs or fat if you think they're going to somehow and make you gain weight.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese, Hummus, Carrots, Oatmeal, etc. I wouldn't worry about your sugar intake too much though, MFP's recommendations are kinda low.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    23099425.jpg
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    If you want to lower carbs and add calories I'd suggest nuts, hard boiled eggs and cheese snacks.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Differentiate between natural sugars in healthy vegetables, fruits and dairy products, and added sugars in processed foods. Base your day around nine servings of fruits and vegetables in the full rainbow of colours (red, yellow/orange, green. blue/ purple) then add other foods on top, with nine you should always have a snack idea to make up the rainbow. Combine that with a source of protein - cheese, hardboiled egg, nuts or seeds, even make up a smoothie with a protein powder.