Power 90

Options
I just received Power 90 in the mail today. I am excited to start incorporating more weights instead of just cardio. Anyone else out there on this program or have tried it out?

I would love to hear any tips or tricks. I would say that my upper body is fairly weak, I am excited to tone that up a bit.

Replies

• sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am also new to Power 90, I just started yesterday with the Cardio level 1&2. It definitely made me break a sweat, but it wasn't AS challenging as I expected. I am more afraid of the strength portion because pushups are my weakness! Anyone out there that wants an exercise accountability buddy with Power 90 feel free to add me, my goal is to finish all 90 days.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I tried Power 90 and it seems like a good program but it turns out the dumbbells I had (which only went up to 20 lbs) were not sufficient to challenge me for the exercises they have you doing, and the resistance bands were too awkward to use. So I gave up about two weeks into it. I wouldn't mind trying it again but at this point I've long since moved past the point where that wuold be a suitable workout for me.
  • rfox1234
    rfox1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started Power 90 last week and so far I feel great. It was a challenge when I started the program but later I am able to get the moves down and able to transition a bit better. I am still working on push ups being more smoother and lunges being smoother. I still need to get better at transitioning in the yoga and the sweat 1-2 sequence.
  • sterphy
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 2 and I did the strength segment. I could not believe how fast the time flew! I like how the 30 minutes is split into 4 sections with stretching in between. I feel a little sore today but I think that really helped.

Definitely need to improve on my pushups but I did not stop once, according to my HRM I burned 320 calories in 30 minutes. Feeling good. Excited for cardio today.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Power 90? as in the pre p90X tony Horton series? I have this and love it. The power 90 master series Plyo legs is the best burn I do. Love it.
  • sterphy
    Options
    Power 90? as in the pre p90X tony Horton series? I have this and love it. The power 90 master series Plyo legs is the best burn I do. Love it.
    Yep! It was made in the late 90's I believe. I don't have the master series but I've read a lot of good things about it as well, I think that might be an option for me I get strong enough with the first Power 90!
  • sterphy
    Options
    Thinking I'm just going to log each day on this thread to get my thoughts out on the program!

Yesterday was Day 3, and my second experience doing cardio level 1&2.
    It seemed a LOT harder this time around, and I think it was because the first time I was still getting used to the movements and doing some modifications. I was definitely wore out with the X jumps and yoga. The punching and kick boxing moves at the end are nice because they took my heart rate down but I can feel where it worked me this morning for sure!

I have a feeling strength training is going to be rough today. I am still sore from two days ago, my hips and butt especially.
    I do feel like today I have a good amount of energy, more so than usual, and I've decided to skip out on my daily cup of coffee and replace with water. Not going to officially weigh myself and measure until Sunday. This program may not be as flashy as some but it has me feeling great so far.
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    I did it for about 2 months, never finished the full 90, life got in the way. >.< I really like the workouts and the program, the problem I have with it is after that many weeks...it gets really boring to have only 2 workouts to rotate between...I was excited to up it to 3-4 only to find out it was basically the same workout except more reps of most of the moves (there are a few new moves but not much). My fiance and I got pretty discouraged at that point. Good workout and I was definitely getting stronger, might try and start it up again soon, maybe mix it in with other workouts. :]
  • Amberonamission
    Options
    Yep! It was made in the late 90's I believe. I don't have the master series but I've read a lot of good things about it as well, I think that might be an option for me I get strong enough with the first Power 90!
    I am doing Sculpt 3-4 in a min here. I add weight to the squats and lunges. My suggestion is to up your weight frequently. You should not be able to finish all the reps. If you can do it all it is time for more weight.

Did you get the what I call Horton Hawaii. It may be called something like Fat Blaster (the outside one). I love love love that for a cardio burn. It winds me every time, even tho I have done it 100 times.
  • sterphy
    Options
    I am doing Sculpt 3-4 in a min here. I add weight to the squats and lunges. My suggestion is to up your weight frequently. You should not be able to finish all the reps. If you can do it all it is time for more weight.

Did you get the what I call Horton Hawaii. It may be called something like Fat Blaster (the outside one). I love love love that for a cardio burn. It winds me every time, even tho I have done it 100 times.

Thanks for the tips with the weights! I tried to look up the Fat Blaster, couldn't find it, if you think of the name let me know!
  • Amberonamission
    Options
    Power 90 Fat burning express :)

Just found it on Amazon. $40 ridiculous. I got it free with The Power 90 boot camp program. Trust me it is not worth $40

Here is the link if you wanted to see it.

http://www.amazon.com/POWER-90-FAT-BURNING-SYSTEM/dp/B000TCHZ0M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354728707&sr=8-1&keywords=power+90+fat+burning+express
  • sterphy
    Options
    ^^^Thanks! I'll see if I can find it for cheaper!

Yesterday was Day 4 and my second round of the strength portion.

Used 3 lb weights, I hope that I'm burning as much as my heart rate monitor says...30 minutes goes by SO FAST it almost seems like I should try to do something else afterwards!