Help needed with waist

Options
I've been doing the 30 day Shred this month, and while I feel my abs nice and tight, with noticeable inch loss as well, not to mention I've lost 4 lbs too, my waist isn't shrinking like I'd like, especially considering how much the rest of me is. Is there something I can do to help shrinking it, too? Or will I have to do more cardio to shrink overall?

Replies

• akrepel85
    Options
    My mother bought a weighted hula hoop. Using it for 10 minutes a day for a month is supposed to trim your waist about 1 in. It's incredibly easy and I started using it as well. My core has gotten stronger and I've lost inches off my waist. This website has more information for you. http://www.sports-hoop.com/
  • latinapride389
    Options
    I've seen those before but didn't know if they more gimmick than anything else. I have a problem with losing weight in my hip area which is funny cause I don't have kids but when I gain weight it clearly goes to my butt and thighs first.
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    I have one & like it, but 10 minutes a day is a lot if you're not used to it. The weighted ones are much easier to keep going than the regular ones. The one I use is 3 pounds.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    No matter what you hear, you CAN NOT spot reduce. You'll just have to keep working and eventually it will come off. It din't go on in one day, and it won't come off in one day. Make sure your vision of how you "think" your body should be changing is realistic. This isn't a sprint. This is a marathon and we need to be ready to stick this out for the long haul. Trust me though, I feel your pain. I want my gut gone NOW. I just know it's not going to happen like that (or at all if I keep eating like tonight...:(). Just keep working hard and eating well, and it'll go away.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Abs are all about Diet,Cardio, and Crunches in that order Plus you can't spot reduce your body will pull the fat from where it wants too. Keep up the good work.
  • JennCh
    JennCh Posts: 63
    Options
    No matter what I do, nothing shrinks my waist. And while my abs have firmed up quite a bit, I still don't have a waistline. My hips have slimmed down to the point that my hip to waist ration is just about 0. Straight as a board--makes my hubby laugh. Thank goodness there are below the waist fit jeans these days.
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm a dork, I do have a weighted hoop from Hoopnotica! I can totally use that!

My issue is that I am losing weight and inches, and my stomach is getting flat & tight, but the inches aren't coming off in my waist with the rest of my body, so now my physique is straight up and down, no curve inward at the waist to give me an hourglass shape. Is there anything I can do, or am I working my obliques too much?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm a dork, I do have a weighted hoop from Hoopnotica! I can totally use that!

My issue is that I am losing weight and inches, and my stomach is getting flat & tight, but the inches aren't coming off in my waist with the rest of my body, so now my physique is straight up and down, no curve inward at the waist to give me an hourglass shape. Is there anything I can do, or am I working my obliques too much?

Is your body type hourglass? You can give the illusion of hourglass in clothes you wear if you aren't an hourglass shape.
    They say thats the shape that every female tries to be is hour glass.
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would like the hourglass shape somewhat. Mostly, I'd just like a smaller waist LOL Makes me feel weird to have only 2 inches difference than my bust, and 5 inches difference than my hips :-S