soya milk vs dairy

Options
A while back I made the decision to change to soya milk for my own reasons.
I used a dash of dairy milk for scrambled eggs a week ago and I had really awful stomach pains but was unsure why,
yesterday I had dairy milk with my cereal and had the same stomach pains,

I'm not sure why it's suddenly affecting me in this way when for most of my life I drank dairy?

Replies

• themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    dairy is naturally hard for us to digest
    when you stop eating it, your body "forgets" what to do with it
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I believe this happens when you cut out certain food groups. I have no doubt the stomach pains we're because of the dairy. It is very rich and if you have been cutting it out of your diet, when you do decide to eat some - it's a shock to your digestive system.

I don't drink cows milk and haven;t done for quite a long time but I also avoid soya milk. I would recommend trying Almond Milk or Kara Dairy Free (made from coconut but not like coconut milk in curry) You can use in coffee or tea or on cereals. It tastes great!
  • Grohlkins182
    Options
    the milkiest one
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I also had milk when I was younger, but when i got to 15/16 is started upsetting my stomach, so I swapped to soy, but now if I have milk I get bad pain in my stomach, discomfort and it even makes my eczema worse.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Your body has to learn to drink dairy when you're a kid. You're probably developing an intolerance to some part of the dairy. Either go back to drinking milk, and deal with the unsettled stomach for a bit, or keep to the soy milk and probably lose the dairy milk. Shouldn't affect eating ice cream, cheeses or the like too much.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Lactose intolerance?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    The purpose of soy milk is to grow a baby soy into a thousand pound grown up soy. We are the only animals that drink the milk of beans.