I eat Potatoes... for breakfast...

Options
Yeah. I really do. I love potatoes and I always feel overfull when I have one or two. I don't load it with a ton of butter or anything but I do have lots of black pepper and powdered garlic and I keep the skin on. I once ate 2 potatoes every morning for breakfast for a month and lost 7 lbs from doing nothing different but that. I just really like potatoes. I know its a strange obsession to have but they aren't nearly as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be. As long as you aren't loading it with lots of crazy things, I have never had an issue when I had more potato products in my life. (No I dont mean french fries and potato chips.) Actually... I dont think Ive had a potato chip in over 2 months. Hmm. Interesting.

Yes Im rambling.

>_<

Replies

• luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I laughed out lout when I read this, thinking about what all the low carbers might think! I like potatoes too and I don't limit them but I do like a dollop of fat free sour cream ;)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I eat them for breakfast too! And any other time! I love red potatoes!!!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Your spleen may already be exploding.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    they aren't nearly as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be

They're an excellent food for people that are trying to control calories. Far more nutrient dense and filling than most other carb sources like bread, pasta, rice, etc.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are awesome! Glad to see there are others who aren't scared off of whole natural plant based food because some yahoo said it has carbs.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    mmmm potatoes
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Ahh the potato; underrated and often demonized.

Respect the spud!

"Potatoes are botanically classified as a vegetable, but they are classified nutritionally as a starchy food,' says a DoH spokesperson. 'This is because when eaten as part of a meal, they are generally used in place of other starchy carbohydrates, such as bread, pasta or rice."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1372728/The-great-potato-debate-Nutritionists-insist-spuds-ARE-vegetables.html#ixzz2EC82HUa3
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are awesome! Glad to see there are others who aren't scared off of whole natural plant based food because some yahoo said it has carbs.

Plant based potatoes are my favorite type of potatoes.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

Yeah, the internet is full of nutrition wackos
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mmmm! 'tatoes.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    <-- homemade potato cheese perogie's with runny eggs for breakfast *nomnom*
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Plant based potatoes are my favorite type of potatoes.
    If you have found potatoes that are not plant based, and you regularly consume them, enough to have a preference, than you have some serious problems. I've got a bridge i'd like to sell you.
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes too! I love making my own baked fries :)
  • fatt_boyy_slimm
    Options
    bump
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    Just don't have a potato sandwich. I like Chile on a baked potato.
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    i think you may be the one. :flowerforyou:
  • dessyrenae
    Options
    i LOVE sweet potatoes over anything. sweet potato fries, tater tots, hasbrown, itself, etc. i would probably deminish if i didnt have sweet potatoes or regular potatoes o.o:laugh:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Potatoes for breakfast are even better if you cut them REALLY thin like hashbrowns, cook till brown and then pour scrambled eggs on top and cook till the eggs are done. Add sauteed onions and bell peppers if you really want a treat.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh, there are CARBS??? In potatoes?? ?Whatever will I do!!!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Lies! Everyone knows all food is bad for you!