Sugar amount

Options
Does anyone else track their sugar intake?

I just added mine to my list of things to watch today and it says I should only have 20? I only eat 120 grams of carbs a day but I am at like 44 for sugar.. All of my sugar is from fruit, veggies, bran flakes, and I had 2 pieces of whole grain bread at lunch. No sweets at all. Does 20 seem really low or is it just me?

Replies

• vjh431
    vjh431 Posts: 38
    Options
    That's cool if you're a diabetic but though I follow my sugar very rarely am able to obey the 20g guideline.
  • memawdann
    Options
    I am diabetic so sugar is low on my intake list. You measure carbs in grams not mg or kg. When a label or recipe gives you carbs it is total carbs with the sugar & fiber included. You look at the whole carbs not the individual numbers. 120 carbs a day is a lot. I suggest you get some kind of carb & calory counter book. They will have more info in them.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    i only get 29 per day.....at the end of the day I will have consumed 24.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I used to, but I was over due to milk and fruit sugar every single day. Unless you're a diabetic, it's not serious...unless all your sugar comes from chocolate and other un-natural sources. I've found that sodium is more important for me to track!
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i've said it a million times on this site so far and i'll say it another million i'm sure haha the real issue with sugars is where its coming from. if its natural sugars found in fruits, vegetables, milk, etc your fine so long as your not eating 30 koranges in one sitting. it's the refined and processed sugars we find in sweets that are the real issue and can cause weight to sky rocket and fluctuate your waist line. i try to watch my sugar intake regardless of the fact, but its more important to know where your sugars are coming from rather than amount. granted i'm no doctor that's just my opinion based on my own reading and experience.
  • mamagee
    mamagee Posts: 10
    Options
    I do!! I stopped using real sugar in my coffee back in January, I use splenda now. I have a sweet tooth so it's really hard for me to stay in my limit but most days I manage to stay within a reasonable amout.