Best protein powder for a low price?

Options
I am missing my protein shakes in the morning SO much! I usually use Jillian Michaels vanilla whey protein powder, but the store has been out of it lately. What are some good alternatives that are healthy, the most natural, and low in cost? I'm a college student, so spending more than 20 bucks for a tub of protein powder I'll be using daily is just out of the question for me right now. Thanks for any help :)

Replies

• MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    FYI if you search the message boards you will find a number of thread on this specific topic. might give you some variety/ideas.

I personally like the Body Fortress sold at WalMart. Tasy, variey of flavors, and I think still about $14 for a huge container.... some people trash it, but it got me jump started on my weight loss.......
  • caramel1920
    Options
    I use Body Fortress from Wal-Mart they are under 15 bucks and you get a lot more than Jillian's, one scoop is 26g of protein.
  • mrsgigandet
    mrsgigandet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much! I will try searching the forums now, and I will definitely give Body Fortress a shot :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Dymatize
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress too. My first choice would by Dymatize, but it's just too expensive for me right now.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    MusclePharm. You can order it online. The container is gigantic and it's delicious. It's about 30 bucks
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress from Wal-Mart they are under 15 bucks and you get a lot more than Jillian's, one scoop is 26g of protein.

^this one
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    all ready to get on and say jillian ..but I see that's the one you have trouble getting. I LOVE her triple chocolate one. I get that at walmart.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Bodylogix (found at Meijer) is about $20 for 2 pounds and 30g of protein per scoop. Sweetened with Stevia, rather than Sucralose like Body Fortress.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I use EAS, I forgot how much it cost, but it wasn't that bad and it tastes great. The lean one is about 100 calories.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Dymatize would be my first choice but I work for them and I know that the ISO 100 is one of our purest more natural products that we have; just read the ingredients and it'll tell you. I'm not into taking supplements so I don't know what proteins are better than others and that's also the reason, when I do take a shake for a meal replacement I use our stuff because it's available and free. I would not go out and buy any.

If you go to Bodybuilding.com you can find GREAT sales on there with every single supplement company as well.
    Good luck!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options

True story!
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I buy the 6lb bag of Cytosport whey protein from Costco. This is from the makers of Muscle Milk.

If I recall, it is about the same price as 2lb's of EAS from GNC... 40 bucks I think.

I've only had vanilla, and it tastes good