When will it get easier?

I am just starting with this. I have dieted in the past, but after a knee injury gained the weight back. This time around, however, it has been hard to find motivation.

So now I'm asking you (anyone with some advice):

How long did it take until it got easier to eat healthy and work out? When did the motivation become habit?

That, plus any pointers would be amazing!

Thank you :happy:

Replies

• zeusbabe7
    zeusbabe7 Posts: 7
    I am just starting with this. I have dieted in the past, but after a knee injury gained the weight back. This time around, however, it has been hard to find motivation.

So now I'm asking you (anyone with some advice):

How long did it take until it got easier to eat healthy and work out? When did the motivation become habit?

That, plus any pointers would be amazing!

Thank you :happy:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Once you start seeing results, it gets easier. :wink:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Habits are hard to change.

Everyone is different, but a lot of things become habitual pretty quickly. Holding yourself accountable (like logging your food) is a great tool to help you change. I'm a lot less likely to indulge than I used to be.

That being said, motivation always takes work. Even after four years of this, I still have days I don't want to workout, and days that I want to eat everything in sight.

The trick, the big trick is to keep going, and not sweat "mistakes" as they happen along the way. Always look forward, never back.

Here's one of the best posts from a while back that addresses your questions, by our buddy Banks.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Once you start seeing results, it gets easier. :wink:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

agreed

it just sort of becomes second nature after about a month or so

plus this site and the people on here make it so much easier,
    you wont regret signing up!
    welcome to the family:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I don't know if it got easier for me but now eating and living healthy is how I want to live--not what I have to do.