baked chicken-whats new?

Options
Anyone have a recipe for baked chicken, something tasty and keeps the chicken from drying out ?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Marinade it for a few hours in something acidic before baking. I like mixing vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, and garlic. You can also do a google search for "shishlik marinades" and you'll find good stuff.

I have to admit, my technique for avoiding dried-out chicken breast is to buy it pounded flat (sometimes called scallopini) and then cooking it on a grill pan. That way, I can see how cooked through it is and then avoid over-cooking it.
  • raelorien
    raelorien Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I frequently use a very light coating of olive oil.
    Try sprinkling it with parmasean cheese a few minutes before it's done, and it's quite tasty.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pre-heat oven to 180 celsius

Slice your chicken breast into 2cm thick pieces.

Spray with spraylight olive oil 5 to 10 sprays per breast.

Sprinkle with ground cumin and ground coriander a grinding of black pepper and salt if wanted.
    Rub the spices into the chicken. (i use a tablespoon of each spice for flavouring two breasts.

Get a frying pan nice and hot and quickly seal the chicken on all sides.

Then loosely wrap in baking paper, put on a tray on the oven it will need no more than 10 to 12 minutes.

This always comes out moist, and any leftovers work in a wrap the next day.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    It's okay to bake the dark meat. Just remove the skin and it is naturally fattier, so will not be so dry on it's own. I save the chicken breast for soup or pasta sauces.
  • Sequin08
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I can never figure out the best method to cook thoroughly, but not dry out, baked chicken! I will be cooking dark meat as well, as I am not the only person eating. I will be trying these suggestions this and next week. Thanks again!