I eat Potatoes... for breakfast...

Options

Replies

• Simona40
    Simona40 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Potatoes for breakfast are even better if you cut them REALLY thin like hashbrowns, cook till brown and then pour scrambled eggs on top and cook till the eggs are done. Add sauteed onions and bell peppers if you really want a treat.

O.M.G! YUM! This might be my dinner tonight! I'll have to add some cheese though :)
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I really do. I love potatoes and I always feel overfull when I have one or two. I don't load it with a ton of butter or anything but I do have lots of black pepper and powdered garlic and I keep the skin on. I once ate 2 potatoes every morning for breakfast for a month and lost 7 lbs from doing nothing different but that. I just really like potatoes. I know its a strange obsession to have but they aren't nearly as bad as everyone likes to make them out to be. As long as you aren't loading it with lots of crazy things, I have never had an issue when I had more potato products in my life. (No I dont mean french fries and potato chips.) Actually... I dont think Ive had a potato chip in over 2 months. Hmm. Interesting.

Yes Im rambling.

>_<
    are you secretly from ireland?! lol!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I used to add the sour cream and all to my taters, but plain greek yogurt is now my go to!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are awesome! Glad to see there are others who aren't scared off of whole natural plant based food because some yahoo said it has carbs.

Oh my gosh, there are CARBS??? In potatoes?? ?Whatever will I do!!!!!

26607388.jpg
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Potatoes for breakfast are even better if you cut them REALLY thin like hashbrowns, cook till brown and then pour scrambled eggs on top and cook till the eggs are done. Add sauteed onions and bell peppers if you really want a treat.

O.M.G! YUM! This might be my dinner tonight! I'll have to add some cheese though :)

Cheese is good too, also bacon. I've actually done this same recipe with sweet potatoes. Surprisingly good.
  • mizkoukla
    Options
    Why no... but my father is Scottish... >_> :D
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    And you have all day long to burn them off :drinker:
  • mizkoukla
    Options
    Burn them off?!

NOOOO!

NOT THE POTATOES!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!????!?!?

My poor spuds...
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    I laughed out lout when I read this, thinking about what all the low carbers might think! I like potatoes too and I don't limit them but I do like a dollop of fat free sour cream ;)

Actually, Im a low carber and potatoes are the reason why!!!! I love them and am jealous of the OP because I simply cannot control myself around them! I used to eat 2 potatoes (any way, fried, baked, microwaved) for breakfast too... Then some at lunch and dinner too! I was so big! I cant have them in the house:ohwell: After I stopped eating them, I lost 10lbs!

<----no self control around potatoes
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    But it's not just the 'potato'. It's fried potato, when each tablespoon of any oil including olive is worth ~200, right? How other than fried can you eat them delicious?
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Some will comment that you blew it by having potatoes... but like with everything if you stick to your serving sizes and work it in... it's not bad for you.

Diets fail because you restrict or eliminate foods you love... a lifestyle change you eat what you love in moderation... I'd rather be a happy Sammie then a pissed off Sammie because I couldn't have my baked potato with my bbq chicken!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I do to sometimes! I eat them with an egg and some canadian bacon! Yummy!
  • mizkoukla
    Options
    Ill eat them any way...

Boil em
    Mash Em
    Stick em in a stew.

Perfect food.

Its really like a plate to eat garlic and pepper and (occasionally) Bac-Os off of.

I simply cant eat a beef stew without Potatoes in it.

Told you. Its an Obsession.

>__<
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Me loves a tata
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with pre-diabetes.... I miss you potatoes. :-(
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    LOVE em!

when I was living in Korea, they had winter street vendors who would have carts of hot baked sweet potatoes, so it was a double bonus, hands warmed and sweet potato goodness:happy:
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My family is a potato family - when I lived at home we had potatos five times a week - mostly pan fried, mash potatos, just cooked, potato salad, etc. No one on my family is overweighted. Now I 'm living on my own for over ten years, I still like potatos and eat them, but not as often as my parents. Potatos are great!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    mmmm..... potatoes

tumblr_medmdclZCF1qehgb5o2_500.gif
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm really into sweet potatoes atm. I make an awesome veg chilli following this recipe.
    http://www.jamieshomecookingskills.com/recipe.php?title=vegetarian-chilli
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Potatoes and apples are pretty dang close in calories. Both starchy and delicous.