Regarding logging house cleaning calories...

Options
2»

Replies

• jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I think if it's an extra cleaning day that you know it's going to be hard then yes log it. But to log a basic routine as a burn, what is the point weren't you dooming cleaning while you were over weight? So I think this should be a extra burn not peoples main source of a burn.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    The thing is, I did that same housework before I lost weight. In fact, whilst I was putting weight ON, I was doing that housework.

I do not count it, it is just part of day-to-day activity.

I am going to spend three hours on ironing later on, I will not be counting the calories as that activity is only moving my arm and walking three steps each time to hang stuff up - just because I may feel tired afterwards, does not mean I have burned a good amount of calories for me to actually count it as exercise, just being tired does not equate to a good calories burn.
  • hollybo53
    Options
    I honestly think whether you want to log them or not is totally a personal thing. C'mon people, there's cleaning and there's cleaning. If you're just picking up and dusting that might not count for you. If you're spring cleaning i.e., washing walls, windows, etc. believe me you are burning some calories. Additionally I didn't see that anyone in this long line of posts addressed the idea that someone with a handicap who works very hard to exercise in what way they can might find that many things that most people find routine in housecleaning are difficult and exhausting to them. You need to think outside your Qtips in spandex boxes.
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I only log cleaning if it is more than 15 minutes and I actually break a sweat doing something that I don't do on a normal basis (such as scrubbing floors.)