1,300 calorie buddies?

Options
I am having a very hard time with my calorie limit. I know that the more I exercise the more calories I can eat, but there are days (like today) where I'm not able to fit much in and have to be a little more careful with what I eat. I'm also pretty new to this whole calorie counting thing, and just need to figure out what's going to fit and what's not.

Anyway, the point of this little ramble is that I'd love to make some friends who are in the same calorie range as me so that I could take a peek at your food diaries and use them as an example/guideline for forming my own. I'm making a trip to the grocery store this weekend and hope to have a better idea of what the h*ll I'm doing by that time. :laugh:

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be my friend.........i'm at 1200............................and most days I'm over (98% of the time, just by a little bit, then other days the you-know-what really hits the fan).....I've still lost in the 2 weeks since I've started, but 1200 is a huge change from where I was.

I know, I know, I know....what I WAS was what got me here in the first place. :sad:

But anyway. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • sarahhnash
    Options
    I'm at 1200 too, and you're welcome t look at my diary. It's definitely hard at first, but one you get used to it you'll be surprised at how much 1300 calories is if you are making good choices, and how much room you have in there for some "treats" too!:)
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    Me, too. I'm happy to be your friend.
    I struggle, too, on those days I don't exercise. Really struggle.
    But, i've just started eating simple salads for lunch for the last week -- take a look at my diary -- and, after a 3-week plateau, the pounds have started coming off again.

But I totally hear what you say about 1200 not being enough. Switching away from bread and to salads and fruits has made a big difference in my fullness.
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    I'm in the same range as well. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, guys!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my doctor set me at 1288 calories and i have my diary set to 1310 so i have a little bit of wiggle before i see the dreaded 'red numbers'. lol. my diary is public if you wan to take a look or feel free to add me. :) you can do this!
    dawn
  • artsyuno
    artsyuno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 1300 (pre-exercise) and am happy to share. I haven't taken the time to figure out how the friend thing works, but I'm happy to swap info with others.