Hitting a Wall.

I've been using MFP on and off for about a year and a half now and have been using it daily for about a month and a half now. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (I'm sure an obscenely common question) but I can't seem to get rid of these last ten pounds.

I'm sure I'm making the mistakes that are in the "newbie" forum but I think I need some help making sure it isn't something else. I know I have a few bad days (I am in college) but I wonder if my regular 'good day' foods aren't as good as I am thinking.

If anyone can check out my logs and tell me if I'm missing something I'd really appreciate it. This is my first time using the 'social' portion of this site so please don't hate me if I'm mucking it all up.

Thanks!

Skip.

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Your diary is not open
  • thanks, just opened :]
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    You're eating well, I would recommend changing from 1350 thought for better guidance. What are your goals? What do you do for exercise?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    You're eating well, I would recommend changing from 1350 thought for better guidance. What are your goals? What do you do for exercise?

I agree, you look fine in your picture. You should re-evaluate your goals. Maybe those last 10 pounds have become muscle over the 2.5 years. Do you lift?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,640 Member
    I looked at the past week. A few days you went over on calories, you should definitely try to stay under every day. Then I saw a few times you were eating out at restaurants and getting french fries and stuff, that isn't going to help. Tuesday it looks like you had a great day. Try to make every day look like Tuesday (you were under your calories, you had fresh fruits and veggies and plenty of protein). I would also take a look at your sodium. Track that for a while and make sure you are staying under your limit. Sodium is what really gets me in trouble.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    There are a few days that I saw of alcohol, pizza, chocolate (weekends are tough! You're young!)
    My advice, if you know you're going out that evening, get in a jog!

What is your pound-per-week goal set to? Should be lower as you have less to lose.. maybe 0.5 pounds per week. Follow that for a few weeks, eat as clean as you can, and I'm sure you'll notice movement!!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    You calories seem low for a male, don't eat so far under or you will send your body into starvation mode. Also go back to basics on what you are eating - base your meals around nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day, three portions of reduced fat dairy, protein at each meal and snack including oily fish regularly, a small portion of healthy fats, all your carbs whole no white refined carbs. Really processed/ sugary/ junky foods should be no more than 10% of daily calories which is one small treat a day.
  • What do you mean changing from 1350 - up or down?

And my goals are in flux right now. My original goal of 160 which was where I was at before I gained the weight seems a little silly now that I've bulked up from working out. So I think I'm going to try to shift from weight goals to measurement goals. Any tips?

For exercise I mostly run or if it's too cold I'll go on the elliptical. I was on swim teams most of my life and wanna get back into that in the next few weeks now that it's freezing outside and that's killing my desire to run. I lift on occasion but it's pretty light. I am trying to find a plan to integrate lifting - just kind of lost on that tack.
  • I looked at the past week. A few days you went over on calories, you should definitely try to stay under every day. Then I saw a few times you were eating out at restaurants and getting french fries and stuff, that isn't going to help. Tuesday it looks like you had a great day. Try to make every day look like Tuesday (you were under your calories, you had fresh fruits and veggies and plenty of protein). I would also take a look at your sodium. Track that for a while and make sure you are staying under your limit. Sodium is what really gets me in trouble.

Yeah.....I think the fries need to go for good. And thanks for the tip on the sodium I added that to my tracks and hopefully that will give me a heads up.
  • There are a few days that I saw of alcohol, pizza, chocolate (weekends are tough! You're young!)
    My advice, if you know you're going out that evening, get in a jog!

What is your pound-per-week goal set to? Should be lower as you have less to lose.. maybe 0.5 pounds per week. Follow that for a few weeks, eat as clean as you can, and I'm sure you'll notice movement!!

My pound per week is at two - where it's been since I started. I think I see the problem. My nights out are killing me.
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Start lifting seriously, too.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Take a look at your body fat % rather than your weight. It takes the ratio of fat to muscle/bone into consideration. You may be chasing a weight that isn't right for you anymore.

Good luck and congrats on your progress.