What is your natural weight?

Options
To those of you who have lost and gained on several occations, what is the weight you find easiest to maintain? Unless I hit the gym daily, I cannot maintain my LW, and I simply don't have time anymore. 135-140 is easy to maintain, I've done so for over 2 years. And it's within my weight range..the high end.

How do you maintain the LW? I REALLY want to get to 120...and stay there.

Replies

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I read the title first, but after reading your post, I'm not sure you were asking me. I've never done a whole lot on losing and gaining, but I think it's pretty safe to say my "natural weight" is between 107 and 112, as I've been there most of my adult life without doing anything to maintain. Right now I'm lifting and looking to gain. It's really the first time I've tried to do anything deliberate to change/control weight/body composition. I find that if I break too long from lifting or eating over TDEE my weight slides right back down, and so does the amount of weight I can lift.
  • mistybkarma
    mistybkarma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually was between 135-140. After I had an iud last year, my weight jumped to 166 in just a couple of months. I loved being 135, I'm curvy and I felt my best then.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    130-145. I'm 5'7. Funny thing is, my weight changes depending on how active I am-- but it goes DOWN when I am sedentary. And my size stays the same.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I would say in the 170-175 range. Only because that is the weight I've been for most of my adult life. I've been lower and higher, but that is my "I can eat what I want and workout whenever and still keep my sanity" weight. But I'm around 150 now (my lowest weight ever) and I'm maintaining with just diet. Oh, I'm 5'11, so 170 is perfectly healthy!
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5'1.5", probably 108-113 lbs is my normal weight.
  • perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and around 135 is very easy to maintain. I was at that weight for since I was 16 and ate whatever I wanted and never exercised but I don't want to go back to that weight because I was very pear shaped and didn't enjoy it.
  • dorkyhippy
    Options
    150lbs likes me a lot. 140lbs is harder. I'm swinging for 120lbs and I hate exercising, so it will be rough.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My body seems to really like 146. I'm 5'5" so that's within my range. I'd like to be less but that scale just isn't budging.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Without regular exercise and eating whatever I want, I easily maintain at the high end of normal, around 145-150.

But with exercise and eating mostly what I want but keeping an eye on macros, I'm easily maintaining the last year and a half around 130-135... and it looks like a helluva lot more than a 15-20 pound difference.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Seems when I gain weight back my scale will stick at about 135 - 140 and 140 is actually a high average for my height.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I tend to "settle" somewhere around 145. My lifetime high (without a pregnancy) was 185. I'd like to be 130, which is what I was when I worked out 90 minutes a day and ate only 1200 calories. There's an awesome book called "Secrets of Skinny Chicks", and it is 40 profiles of women whose bodies most of us would want to have: fitness models, professional models, body doubles. On average, they eat about 1400 calories per day, work out a minimum of 6 days a week, and a minimum of one hour a day. I think anything is achievable, but to look like a Hollywood body double for a "hot " actress seems to require incredible commitment.

I also think it changes with your life: When I was 130 I not only did as above, but I was constantly active. Now, I'm at a desk 8 hours a day, in traffic 2, and doing family stuff when I'm not sleeping. I burn fewer incidental calories.
  • _namaste_
    Options
    My natural weight seems to be right around 142 and I am 5 foot 6 inches. I was 130 or so back in the day (highschool) and started actively trying to lose baby weight (after 3 beautiful kids) about 2 years ago. I lost 40 - 50 lbs quite fast and have maintained my weight around the 142lbs mark eating what I want, when I want, and excercising moderately or not at all sometimes. I really, really want to lose about 5-10 more pounds and am working hard at that right now. I am going to be starting strength training shortly and I hope that along with my usual running (few times a week) and yoga almost every day will be enough to cut extra inches and help me lose the last 5 or so pounds.
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I can maintain 132-135 easily but my goal is 120-125. I still have a lot of belly fat that I want to get rid of.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    My natural weight....whatever the scale presently reads.

To say you cannot maintain is why you fail.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    5'5" and 130-135 isn't too hard to maintain. I'm trying to trim down to 115-120, and I know staying there will take a high level of activity and careful calorie watching. If I didn't have a desk job it would be achieved a lot easier.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Somewhere around 128 - 135. I can maintain it fairly easily as long as I'm somewhat active and don't binge. I'm 5'4".
  • parisshaye
    parisshaye Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'6 115-120 was easy to maintain with out workingout and stuff
  • marstanley
    marstanley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that science doesn't know yet what weight is best for a person. I think personal opinion and fashion has influenced those poor MEN. I want to see long term studies for many different weights and many different regions of the world and that isn't done overnight. I personally have seen many thin people die young and many heavy older people who are mostly heathy. Over exercising to maintain a certain weight also wears a body down. It is easy to see the two extremes are not healthy, but were is the weight that is best?
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    130-145. I'm 5'7. Funny thing is, my weight changes depending on how active I am-- but it goes DOWN when I am sedentary. And my size stays the same.

Sounds like muscle loss.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Im 5 ft 2 and 143 and Im dead happy!I look fit and healthy now I do have a large frame! I was 168 in April this year and that was way too much!